Mouse wheel gestures + switching tab suggestion

• Hello, I've recently tried Vivaldi browser for Windows and it really made a good impression on me. The engine seems to work much better than that of Firefox, which I use as of right now. What prevents me from using it every day is mostly lack of support for right click mouse wheel gestures. E.g. in Firefox I have it set so that when I click and hold right button and scroll up, it takes me to the next tab. It's really a productivity boost and maybe you could consider adding it to Vivaldi? Also, if there could be anything done that would eliminate the gap between tabs and the top of the screen, it would be perfect. As it is now, it's hard to switch between tabs, because you have to be very careful when clicking the tab. If they could be moved to the very top of the screen, there would be less aiming and more browsing, I think :D Thank you in advance. Great job with the browser! [b] EDIT: Ok, I've done some digging in the settings and it seems that both of my suggestions have already been implemented. The mouse wheel tab switching seems to work OK, but if you could add an option to reverse its behavior (so that UP moves to right tab), it would be even greater. There also seems to be a bit of an input lag, if that is fixable by any means.[/b] EDIT2: The lag seems to only be present when UI and website zoom is set to 125%

• It has been requested before to reverse the direction, but Up for Previous seems more logical to me than Up for Next.

• To each his own I guess :) Which is just the reason why it would be nice to have a choice. Take care!

• @eagors93:

To each his own I guess :) Which is just the reason why it would be nice to have a choice. Take care!

You're right the function is reversed again. It was fixed a number of times in the past, but clearly the bug resurfaced.

• @Pesala:

It has been requested before to reverse the direction, but Up for Previous seems more logical to me than Up for Next.

Even more so if the Tabs are on the side. It would be really silly if Scrolling Up scrolled down to the next tab :silly:

Maybe that's why it has been fixed in the latest snapshot. ;)

• @Pesala:

Maybe that's why it has been fixed in the latest snapshot. ;)

MW up => must move the selection to the right, or upwards if the side tabs are selected, period.

This is logical, this is what happens in Opera and AFAIK in any other browser.

Then the user may have a personal preference or an odd pointing device that requires a reversed action, but that's a feature request, the above is a bug.

• @The_Solutor:

MW up => must move the selection to the right, or upwards if the side tabs are selected, period. This is logical, this is what happens in Opera and AFAIK in any other browser.

It's totally illogical. MW up moves the selection to the previous tab if the tab bar is on the side, but to the next tab if it's on top. What kind of logic is that?

• @Pesala:

@The_Solutor:

MW up => must move the selection to the right, or upwards if the side tabs are selected, period. This is logical, this is what happens in Opera and AFAIK in any other browser.

It's totally illogical. MW up moves the selection to the previous tab if the tab bar is on the side, but to the next tab if it's on top. What kind of logic is that?

I'm talking about top and bottom, left and right not previous or next. You need the former working correctly before talking about the latter, or the discussion risk to become just crazy.

• I also use mouse wheel gestures in Firefox, but I don't use them to switch tabs. I have them assigned to a javascript snippet that dynamically zooms in or out on an image I'm mouseover.

So if a picture is too small on a webpage, I hover over it, hit the right mousebutton, then scroll the mouse wheel up.

I would like mouse wheel gestures to be configurable in Vivaldi– not hardcoded. Rocker gestures too.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.