Vivaldi with »alsheim disease«?

• Vivaldi born with »alsheim disease«? :sick: Well, first of all: [b]Thanks for this wonderful designed new browser[/b] with more spirit and new (renewed) ideas than every other browser in this market will have. Good job so far! :woohoo: Testing and find some early problems: I installed Vivaldi as a portable version on Win7 64-bit. All folders shout be in one place and if I copy that to another PC every single setting must be the same. But is not. - I safed some forum-passwords. This is not there anymore after starting Vivaldi on the second PC. (All other settings are still the same.) - Speed-Dial: I create new folders and new favorites on this stylish frontpage. After restarting Vivaldi, the preview picture of these favorites disappeared (but not those who are previously created by Vivaldi). After starting one page or open one folder ... the preview is there again. - Using »adblock« in »vivaldi://chrome/extensions«. (I know this is also a highly experimental feature.) Some times this extension dissapear and after installing again on »gedadblock.com«: I can see, that the configuration and filters are still the same, so it looks like Vivaldi has some »alsheim disease« in the early days of it’s new life. ;) Don't give up. [b]Move on with the good work! [/b] :) ----------------- [i]If you find typing errors: also a technical preview :P [/i]

@HanSolo:

I safed some forum-passwords. This is not there anymore after starting Vivaldi on the second PC. (All other settings are still the same.)

Password database is bound/encrypted to the Windows user account!
    You cant use password on a USB install.

Thats Chromiums bad behaviour/design.

• I won't say it's bad design… it's good design.

@II_ARROWS:

I won't say it's bad design… it's good design.

<sarcasm>Oh yes. Really.
    If i cant backup and sync my password database locally because of OS and hardware dependance it's good design of Chromium.
    Not really!?

I'm really interested: Which solution do you have for sync and backup of complete Chromium/Vivaldi profile?</sarcasm>

• This is good design for a browser that supports password sync, like Chrome does. And Chromium is being developed mainly for Chrome, so this is a very good, safe design. No one will steal your passwords by just copying your browser files.

Someone stated here on the forums that Vivaldi should get a sync feature sometime in the future.

Sync of password database over external servers is more safe than having a masterpassword protected database? Ehhhm. No, i disagree.

OK, my fault; i should never compare Opera 12 Presto to Vivaldi Chromium.

• Still a problem:
    Allways no previews after a fresh start of Vivaldi … (see the picture attached)

(+ reloading of preview-pics mostly doesn't work. You need to click a lot of times for a new pic)
    Attachments:

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.