Vivaldi doesn't open when changing localisation of default folders

• Ubuntu latest It is possible that this is recognized as a bug, but here it goes: Post installation of Vivaldi, I have decided to change back "default" folder names from localized variants manually using userdirs config files. However, it seems that Vivaldi has a problem seeing this, even though the Vivaldi settings show the reflected changes, in specific, the Download folder. The only way I was able to start Vivaldi from the installed shortcut (bar and menu) is to fool it by adding another folder in home directory which had the previous localized name for the Download folder. The illogical thing is, the settings show the correct folder, but Vivaldi won't start. I have decided to then symlink to the actual binary, which in fact is a large shell script, which makes it start now.

@dj_stkora:

Post installation of Vivaldi, I have decided to change back "default" folder names from localized variants manually using userdirs config files…...

See if it helps: https://vivaldi.net/en-US/teamblog/80-alternative-install-options-for-vivaldi-on-linux

• Hmmmm… too wide/vague for me... since I don't mind starting scripts from desktop, and I also added the Vivaldi icon to it. But this should be a bug then. Also noticed clicking on a link within an email (actually, quite the link leading to your reply on this post), the e-mail client has complained about not being able to find the old (-named) folder. What does the download folder have to do with opening a link in the browser anyway? Hmmmm....

Please, check the bottom of the article.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.