Can't install updates

• :unsure: Whenever I open Vivaldi I get a window asking me if I want to upgrade. For the current upgrade and the previous upgrade I have said "Yes." Neither one would install. I would get a message saying it can't create a temporary file, that I should check to make sure I have enough disc space and permission to update. There is more than enough disc space and I am the administrator. I saved the update .exe file and ran that as an admin., but it didn't help. Any suggestions?

Download the version you wish to update to, to your local drive, and run it from there.

If that doesn't work, check task manager and ensure ALL Vivaldi processes are closed.

If that doesn't work, try elevated privileges.

If that doesn't work, make sure no Vivaldi processes are running, uninstall Vivaldi, move any and all folders out of the install directory, and install afresh using the version you wish to run. If that works move your critical data (bookmarks, login data, favicons, etc. from the old User Data/Default folder to the new one. DO NOT move anything concerning extensions or the Top Sites file from the old profile to the new. Limit any data you move back, to the absolute minimum necessary to get back up and running again.

• The 1st three didn't work. I can't find any files/folders with bookmarks, profile, etc. in them. It's starting to look like I will have to go back to Opera. I like Vivaldi and don't want to have to do that.

You're on windows, right? Your "Profile" is the folder user/appdata/local/vivaldi/user data/Default. Within the Default folder are all of the files I mentioned (bookmarks, login data, etc.)

• @Ayespy:

You're on windows, right? Your "Profile" is the folder user/appdata/local/vivaldi/user data/Default. Within the Default folder are all of the files I mentioned (bookmarks, login data, etc.)

In case you do not have a standard/default installation, the profile path is also shown in Vivaldi/Help/About

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.