Space bar reloads page…

• Scrolling the page with the Space bar will reload the page once it hits bottom. It doesn't happen on every site, but these two reload even in a new private window. Its an odd behavior that I don't want, and I can't find a setting for. [code]https://news.ycombinator.com/news?p=7[/code] [code]https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/?count=100&after=t3_56d8z9[/code]

• Confirmed on Reddit, not on the other site.

• Nothing happens here on reddit, the other link works as expected (fast forward is triggered when the spacebar is pushed at the end of the page)

• Well I get fast forward (to next page) on both examples.
    Looks like something strange is going on.

• I'm not familiar with the Fast-forward feature. Is that an Opera thing?
    What I experience is, it goes through any pagination on the page, then goes through what looks to be my site history. Neither FF or Chrome do this. I don't see a setting for it either. I guess that's another one for the list.

• @p.stephenwille@gmail.com:

I'm not familiar with the Fast-forward feature. Is that an Opera thing?

Yes. You will see a button on the Reddit page to load more items. Pressing the space bar engages FF and loads the next page of posts. It's not actually reloading the same page.

I still cannot get this to happen on news.ycombinator.com but that has a similar more.. button at bottom left, which may be triggering the page reload.

Fast Forward is a much loved and useful feature on those long forum threads with many pages. In old Opera, there's a user configurable fastforward.ini file that can be tweaked to trigger on different links.

• @Pesala:

@p.stephenwille@gmail.com:

I'm not familiar with the Fast-forward feature. Is that an Opera thing?

Yes. You will see a button on the Reddit page to load more items. Pressing the space bar engages FF and loads the next page of posts. It's not actually reloading the same page.

I still cannot get this to happen on news.ycombinator.com but that has a similar more.. button at bottom left, which may be triggering the page reload.

Fast Forward is a much loved and useful feature on those long forum threads with many pages. In old Opera, there's a user configurable fastforward.ini file that can be tweaked to trigger on different links.

I can see the utility of it. I would use if I could also use 'shift space' to go back to the top of the page. Sometimes, I find fast-forward has kicked in moved me to the next page, before I can hit the Shift key to go back to the top of the previous page.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.