How it works: Always Activate Related Tab

• Vivaldi Translator

Please, you can explain to me the funcionality of the settings in Close Tab Activation? Specifically, I think if I select Always Activate Related Tab. Currently I am trying to close the tabs, with this settings even without it, but somehow just do not get it how it works :-/ . Thanks PS: Sorry for my english

• We start with the option 'Always Activate Related Tab' turned off.

Then the three radio button options are pretty straightforward:

• When you close the active tab A and the option 'Activate Left in Tab Order' is enabled, then the tab left of tab A will be opened.
    • When you close the active tab A and the option 'Activate Right in Tab Order' is enabled, then the tab right of tab A will be opened.
    • When you close the active tab A and the option 'Activate in Recently Used Order', then the tab you used before you opened tab A will be opened.

Now we turn 'Always Activate Related Tab' on.

If we have the following tab bar with the tabs A, B and C

A|B|C

and open three background tabs from tab B. Then the tab bar looks as follows, if the New Tab Position is set to 'After Related Tabs'.

A|B|BA|BB|BC|C

Tab BA, BB and BC are now 'children' of tab B. Therefore BA, BB and BC are related tabs. If you open a related tab, for example tab BB, and then close tab BB, then Vivaldi will open another RELATED tab. This related tab also has to be a 'child' of tab B. So either BA or BC will be opened by Vivaldi. Which one of the two is then determined by the radio button option you chose. If the active tab is the last remaining 'child' of tab B and you close this 'child' tab, then the 'parent' tab B will be opened.

When all the related tabs are closed, then the option 'Always Activate Related Tab' does nothing because there are no related tabs left.

When you close an active 'parent' tab, which still has 'children', then the first 'child' tab will be opened.

• Vivaldi Translator

Oh, I got it :) I tried it, by all means, but once I do not ever worked. But according to your detailed explanation and testing already I understand it. Thank you very much :)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.