Abnormal IO activvty

• Hi! Thanks to KDE plasmoids (and KSysGuard) I have noticed abnormal disk write activity of one of the vivaldi-bin processes (say, it can be writings during 5-7 seconds with 3-10 MB/sec few times a minute). Was some cache reconciling code or something similar recently rewritten? Or what? 1.4.589.38 (Stable channel) (64-bit) is in use under Manjaro Linux.

• I have just now closed Vivaldi and watched processes. There was a vivaldi-bin process lasting ~2 minute (have tired to wait for) with constant IO writing (!), and completed during 5-7 seconds after sending TERM signal.

• Hi, this happens sometimes with corrupted Top Files.
    Delete the two Top File files in your default directory, path shown in Help About menu.
    After restart Vivaldi they are recreated, you have to update speed dial icons with F5.

Cheers, mib

• This SSD-saving Top hint :) does work, thanks!
    To my taste, it definitely must be accounted by the team.

The issue is known for some users and is already investigated.

@student975:

I have just now closed Vivaldi and watched processes. There was a vivaldi-bin process lasting ~2 minute (have tired to wait for) with constant IO writing (!), and completed during 5-7 seconds after sending TERM signal.

Try disabling "Continue running background apps when Vivaldi is closed"

vivaldi://settings/search#continue –- chrome://settings/search#continue

• Let's hope this chrome/vivaldi urls thing gets fixed because it's confusing, it must be entered as:
    chrome://settings/search#continue
    else it doesn't work =)

• After fixing IO activity problem the way @mib2berlin has suggested I have no the issue with after-closing processes any more. It was the same Top files issue.

• @iAN-CooG BTW, checking that check box off doesn't help: just now I have met ~ a minute Top files related activity after exiting Vivaldi (then I just have killed all vivaldi processes). Still on the last stable.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.