Suggestion about signets toolbar position

• On this picture, we can see, at the bottom, the signets toolbar, in reduced form, and i think it could be great if this toolbar could be left or right, like the pannel, what do you think ?

• If you want bookmarks on the left or right the bookmarks panel is already there. Just turn off the Bookmarks Bar and use the panel instead.

Though perhaps not a high priority (I've been asking for it forever), bookmark bar at the side is a needed feature. I suppose it will be along in time. The bookmark panel takes up ('way) too much room, and must be scrolled to show bookmarks on a bar that is only 2/3 full with the browser at 3/4 width, or what amounts to about 3/4 to 5/6 of a vertical bar. The bookmark bar is more efficient, and there's no reason not to regain this functionality that was lost with Presto.

Edit: Oh, yeah - and it saves precious vertical space.

• @Ayespy:

Though perhaps not a high priority (I've been asking for it forever), bookmark bar at the side is a needed feature.

No, just a wanted feature. ;)

I just had a look at Opera 12.17 with the bookmarks bar at the side. It doesn't take up as much space as the bookmarks panel, but it does take a lot of space unless you use icons only. Not good to enable permanently.

In Opera I use a shortcut (b,b) and a mouse gesture (up, down) to show it at the top for 5 seconds, so it takes no space at all. In Vivaldi I use a mouse gesture and shortcut Shift+B to toggle it. In Vivaldi the mouse gesture is what I tend to use. In Opera, I tend to use the Bookmark Menu , which I show in the middle of the page with Alt + B. Access keys make it pretty efficient for regularly used bookmarks. Alt B, V will display the Vivaldi bookmark folder like this:-

[attachment=4645]BookmarksMenu.png[/attachment]

IMO a Bookmark menu or button is more useful than the Bookmarks Bar at the side, which I reckon that won't happen until item 11 in the Feature Request list can be addressed. A bookmarks menu should be easier to implement?

See item number 11 in the Feature Requests thread.
    Attachments:

• @Ayespy:

Though perhaps not a high priority (I've been asking for it forever), bookmark bar at the side is a needed feature. I suppose it will be along in time. The bookmark panel takes up ('way) too much room, and must be scrolled to show bookmarks on a bar that is only 2/3 full with the browser at 3/4 width, or what amounts to about 3/4 to 5/6 of a vertical bar. The bookmark bar is more efficient, and there's no reason not to regain this functionality that was lost with Presto.

Edit: Oh, yeah - and it saves precious vertical space.

I did suggest to allow the normal bookmarks on the actual sidebar, the suggestion was rejected for now, but there is still a possibility that will taken in account in the future. Feel free to add or tough there, if you like it. VB-12631

I display icons only on my vertical Opera bookmark toolbar. It consumes a quarter inch of horizontal space, and displays 35 bookmarks and folders. The only panel I ever open in Opera is the mail panel. My workflow would be impossible if i had to keep the bookmark panel open instead. When mail comes to Vivaldi, the same mechanics will apply. Mail will be a panel.

• What picture? I don't see any picture uploaded by the OP.

@Ayespy:

I display icons only on my vertical Opera bookmark toolbar. It consumes a quarter inch of horizontal space, and displays 35 bookmarks and folders. The only panel I ever open in Opera is the mail panel. My workflow would be impossible if i had to keep the bookmark panel open instead. When mail comes to Vivaldi, the same mechanics will apply. Mail will be a panel.

Is that all for Opera 12?

Yes. That's why I want it in Vivaldi.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.