Browser cant play gif and sound files….

• I noticed that I cant play gif files and sound files that are embedded in the page while I could do that with Opera. Any reason for that? Also, I couldn't find out how to save bookmarks into an HTML file. I wish the bookmarks handling was like Opera because that is more user friendly.

1. Which Vivaldi?
      Which Windows?
      There may be Windows Media Pack with codecs missing.
      There may be a problem with GPU and video hardware acceleration.

2. You can export them as a HTML file.
      File -> Export bookmarks

• Windows XP Pro SP3
    Vivaldi 1.0.435.46 () (32-bit)

I found the the export bookmarks, thanks.

BTW, nobody found a way yet to stop vivaldi from stealing focus from other programs?

Videos need GPU acceleration and Win XP had issues.
    If you open vivaldi://gpu does any problems show up?

Some bugs with video accel were fixed in later Vivaldis, but XP is a very old OS and unsupported by current Vivaldi versions.

• I am attaching the outcome of opening the page you talked about. There seems to be some problems. How do I troubleshoot them?
    Attachments:

Oh, accellerated decoding is needed for videos. Perhaps the graphics card driver is not up to date.

But i fear, you cant solve it with XP. Too old.

• but vivaldi is the only browser with probles. others are dealing with videos well

• @Gentleman_1:

Windows XP Pro SP3
    Vivaldi 1.0.435.46 () (32-bit)

I found the the export bookmarks, thanks.

BTW, nobody found a way yet to stop vivaldi from stealing focus from other programs?

There was a snapshot update https://vivaldi.net/en-US/teamblog/104-snapshot-1-1-443-3-new-tab-options
    which was the last to support Win XP.
    This did have a fix for GIFs, so you could try it, but it may or may not help with video problems.

If it doesn't work, then you will have to use a different browser (until you "upgrade" from Win XP). :unsure:

@Gentleman_1:

but vivaldi is the only browser with probles. others are dealing with videos well

I hear your complaints. Others? Some browsers dont use Windows XP + Mediaplayer codecs and bring their own. Vivaldi Tech will add codecs in the browser because of expensive licence fees.
    And HTML5 video needs acceleration. Your OS and old hardware cant deal with it.
    That's sad, but the reality.

XP was supported in Vivaldi 1.0. Later the Chromium codebase for Vivaldi abandoned XP and older OS.

Sorry, you may upgrade your OS to a modern one or stay with 1.0 Vivaldi and its bugs.

• i can confirm the same lack of support for gifs. windows 8 and 10 home. i downloaded the 32bit versions. OS was 64-bit, so you can fix it that way. for real you can't expect the same results with xp. would there be a way to change media display with a plugin? what about something like firefox>preferences>applications? i was able to play html5 sound files with vivaldi-win32. were you having problems with avi/quicktime/mp4?

• I upgraded to the new version mentioned above but still have problem with gif and audio. The videos are not a problem. I can play most videos. I will have to go back to Opera which is still working well. The newer Windows have a terrible interface and awkward in handling files and pictures and I have to give up important software that dont have a replacement. I hope that the next OS has a better interface and more user friendly.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.