Vivaldi Backup Profile/Default Folder

• Decided to backup my Vivaldi installation and using the procedures below: Backup Vivaldi profile 1. Close Vivaldi browser if open, launch Run dialog and enter the below path %localappdata%\Vivaldi\User Data 2. Once Vivaldi Profile directory opens, you can notice the Default folder. To backup your Vivaldi profile, copy ‘Default’ folder to elsewhere in a location other than OS drive. The backup task has been completed. When i opened the default folder was shocked to see the size of the default folder @ 535mb and size on disk @541mb. Have updated through several versions and currently using v1.4.589.29. My external drive didn't have the space available to backup.....are those default sizes as they should be?.....Any input appreciated.......TIA

• You should try and find out what exactly takes that much space in your Default folder. The likely culprit is the Top Sites file. If it is just don't back it up.

• @douglas9:

When i opened the default folder was shocked to see the size of the default folder @ 535mb and size on disk @541mb. Have updated through several versions and currently using v1.4.589.29. My external drive didn't have the space available to backup…..are those default sizes as they should be?.....Any input appreciated.......TIA

Could also be that you didn't clear the Cache Folders (actual names depend on Vivaldi version).

See also https://help.vivaldi.com/article/full-reset-of-vivaldi/
    For some more folder info.

• Right you are…the culprit was the cache 535mb and size on disk 541mb.....thanks

• Even after clearing the cache, my Vivaldi folder (Standalone install) is 608 Mbytes (675 Mbytes before).

The installer folder is 158 Mbytes, and I think that can be cleared to save space. It contains setup.exe and vivaldi.7z (146 Mbytes)

• @Pesala:

Even after clearing the cache, my Vivaldi folder (Standalone install) is 608 Mbytes (675 Mbytes before).

The installer folder is 158 Mbytes, and I think that can be cleared to save space. It contains setup.exe and vivaldi.7z (146 Mbytes)

Yes, but that is in the Application Folder whereas douglas9 is ONLY backing up the Default folder (not full Vivaldi Folder).

@Pesala:

Even after clearing the cache, my Vivaldi folder (Standalone install) is 608 Mbytes (675 Mbytes before).

The installer has those items in there for a reason. It's not implemented yet, but it'll become clear in time.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.