Typed history is permanently saved in LocalDB

• At least in the current snapshot ( 1.5.618.8 ), despite shift-deleting every 'Typed history' entry in the address dropdown and clearing every option in both "Clear Private Data" and the 'original' option still found at vivaldi://chrome/settings/search#clear, I can find a very complete typed history scattered around in the .log and .ldb files found in "Vivaldi\User Data\Default\Local App Settings\mpognobbkildjkofajifpdfhcoklimli". At first glance, it appears to be everything that I've ever pasted/quicksearched since I last rebuilt my profile to fix a bookmark bar issue. I gather that Chrome uses its own LocalDB implementation, as no LocalDB viewer/editor that I've tried can parse that folder's contents. Since this database also holds Vivaldi's preferences, I can't just wipe it out the way that I can/have to in order to remove the thumbnails that are generated on every page load and stored in 'Top Sites'. I really like the rest of what I get with Vivaldi, but between this and the thumbnails, the apparent lack of care to as to privacy is making me re-evaluate Firefox (shudder...) 'Use private windows' is not a fix.

• @10bass have you opened a ticked with the bug wizard? Please do so!

• @10bass This is still exist in Vivaldi 1.6 too on Ubuntu 16.04.

All of my typed search is visible since I use Vivaldi 1.5.

Yes, it is a privacy issue. You are right. Thanks for reminding that.

I pinged developers and added a updated bug report VB-24226 "Typed History database not cleared after Delete Browsing Data"

• @Gwen-Dragon I know this is an older thread, but any update on this? Has anyone been assigned to that bug, or even looked at it? It's been 11 months since I noticed the issue, and apparently 8 months since bug report VB-24226.

As far as I can tell, that bug has never shown up in any changelog, so I have to conclude that nothing has been done. I don't see how I can go back to Vivaldi if it can't do what it says it will do when I ask it to clear data. Any new info would be appreciated.

• Vivaldi Team

@10bass The bug was duplicated to VB-10086, VB-10086 was fixed, but not sure exactly when.

• Vivaldi Team

@Aronand Havent tested if the issue duplicated has actually been fixed tho, but I'll check.

• Vivaldi Team

@10bass I talked with one of the devs, and the issue is still there, but the good news is that the issue is known, and has a planned fix underway.

• Vivaldi Team

Look for VB-24226 in future changelogs

• @Aronand Thank you for the updates, I'll keep an eye out.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.