BUG: tab thumbnails do not refresh if page loaded when another tab is active (background)

• Not sure where to post this to draw attention to it, I posted twice in the bug report site, and no answer so far. Let me be blunt, in my opinion, the only reason to choose Vivaldi over other browsers is the tab thumbnails (I mean, drag the page tabs bottom down and you get page thumbnails). I got accustomed to them with old Opera, and having to read page names to find the right tab, instead of just looking at thumbnails, has been an annoyance since them (once you go thumbnails, you never want to go back). Embarrassingly, Vivaldy, even at stable version v1.4 has a HUGE bug with page thumbnails. Try this: Have the tabs showing thumbnails, have at least one tab open, open a new tab and enter a page to load on the new tab. Now quickly go back to the first tab before the page loads. Keep an eye on the loading page thumbnail. It shows a progress bar that dissapears when the (background) tab is loaded. See the thumbnail? It likely didn't update to show the page just loaded in the background. You can now make the background tab active and the thumbnail won't update either. I know the Vivaldy team is not charging us for their efforts, and I appreciate the result and their gift to the community, but is making me mad to have a product so close to be what it should, and not getting it finally there. Please people, realize without tab thumbnails, Vivaldi is just another Chrome wannabe. I hope this time somebody pays attention and finally fix this annoying, basic, embarrassing bug. If they do, I'll finally make Vivaldi my default browser, start using it for good, and start spreading the word, as I did years ago when I discovered Opera (at version 6). I converted a lot of people, just by showing them the "page thumbnails wonder". Thank. M.

• Me again. Two Snapshot versions later, the bug is still there. I guess nobody from the development team is paying attention yet. I'm one or two more releases without this fix, from ditching Vivaldi once and for all. Shame, it looked so promising as an old Opera successor.

• Hi, I can verify the bug on:

Opensuse Leap 42.1 x86_64
    CPU Intel T4200 4 GB
    GPU Intel GN 965
    xf86-video-intel 2.99.917-6.1
    Vivaldi latest snapshot from today

Do you make a bug report, you should got a report number.
    https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
    I don´t use tab thumbnails at all, is even deactivated, but should work as expected.

Cheers, mib

• did you two play with settings>tabs>tab display>tab options? i am quite taken with the thumbnails as well.

vivaldi is more like a younger brother than a wannabe. it has sure grown up faster than Edge in my opinion.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.