Changing display order of extensions

• [color=#000099]Hello, is there a way yet to change the order extensions are displayed in the top-right of the browser? For example, I'd want to move Evernote so that it's next to Keep, and Ghostery so that it's next to Privacy Badger. I'd want to move Data Saver and HTTPS Everywhere all the way to the right as these are icons I rarely click on.[/color]

The only way right now is to uninstall them and then reinstall them in the order you want to see them.

• @Ayespy:

The only way right now is to uninstall them and then reinstall them in the order you want to see them.

This isn't a solution really, if you have 10+ extensions no one is goinf to uninstall/reinstall most of them just to move 1 extension icon. It is akin to telling people to reinstall windows to fix a problem with some drivers.

Is there a reason why this pretty much basic functionality is missing after years of development?

No, it's not a solution. It's a workaround.

Vivaldi has not been "years" in development. Its first public release was at the end of January last year.

This "pretty much basic" functionality (purely a matter of opinion) is not present because, in building a browser completely from scratch, the developers first focused (and continue to focus) on functionality and features most-missed by users who lost their home when Opera dropped Presto. Moving extension icons has continued to be a low-priority fix.

• Thanks for confirming that I wasn't overlooking anything.

I can survive until the day Vivaldi introduces this functionality.

• There is no need to uninstall. Just disable all of them, and enable in the right order. It's just a checkbox.

I don't use extensions, so I can't speak with authority, but I could have sworn someone wrote some months ago that disabling/re-enabling them only worked until a restart. I could be wrong.

Edit: I installed multiple extensions to test this. I seem to have remembered correctly. On disable-enable, you can arrange them how you wish. On browser re-start, they are back in their original positions on the address bar.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.