All Pinned Tabs disappear after each Update.

• Ok...I'm newish to Vivaldi, so while I searched the Forum for this issue, I may not be using the right search parameters. If this issue has been discussed elsewhere, please let me know where I can find the right thread. Here's my issue: I have my browser set to start up with Previous Session, but this problem also happens when I have it set to start up with Specific Pages... Whenever I update the browser version, ALL pinned tabs disappear, and I have to restore them individually from my History. It's a real pain, since I have nearly a dozen pinned tabs. I dread updating now because of it. Am I doing something wrong (or forgetting a setting), or is this something that needs to be put in the Suggestions for v1.5? Thanks!

• One or two other users have mentioned this. Unfortunately, no tester or developer can replicate it. It has been much discussed with the affected users.

Theories abound, none proven. My personal idea is that there is SOME privacy or security feature of affected systems that cleans these files while the installer and updater do NOT have such an instruction in them. There's no immediately obvious cause for it. There are extensions that mess with these files, Things like Norton and McAfee can, under some conditions, lock up these files while scanning them, which might cause an installer to replace them or something. I don't know.

An atypical install method or location might also affect this. But the more info YOU can provide, the greater chance something will surface that provides a key.

For now, you might want to back up your "Default" folder before upgrade, so that you can replace pinned tabs and sessions as needed.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.