Google Plus's new interface has a problem on Vivaldi

• Running Linux Mint Cinnamon 17.3 (see foot of post for more) On my Vivaldi browser, the left side panel is narrow enough that there is not sufficient room for the title of the community (group). It's badly cut off. This problem does NOT occur on Firefox or my Android Google Plus app interface. Browse to this page and see if you see the problem: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/106042234820400717450 I'm wondering if somehow the default Vivaldi CSS is overruling G+'s CSS and thus messing things up. That's the only cause for this anomaly I can come up with. Using Developer Tools to try to check this, I really can't make any sense of what it's telling me. Usually it will point to a file containing the CSS for the element of interest, but in this case I'm seeing something I've never seen before, and it doesn't look like a file name at all. Strange indeed. This increases my suspicion that Vivaldi's internal CSS is messing with things. How can I check this, or put a stop to it? Any other possibilities? Below is the data I get from the Help > About screen: Vivaldi 1.4.589.15 (Stable channel) (32-bit) Revision 670f6a9e453ba1001989e91084c0d7505fb504dd OS Linux Blink 537.36 (@670f6a9e453ba1001989e91084c0d7505fb504dd) JavaScript V8 5.3.332.37 Flash 20.0.0.306 User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/53.0.2785.90 Safari/537.36 Vivaldi/1.4.589.15 Command Line /usr/bin/vivaldi-stable --ppapi-flash-path=/opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so --ppapi-flash-version=20.0.0.306 --always-authorize-plugins --disable-translate --window-depth=24 --x11-visual-id=32 --wm-user-time-ms=16069247 --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end Executable Path /opt/vivaldi/vivaldi Profile Path /home/tomc/.config/vivaldi/Default

• dunno, they both look the same in Vivaldi and Firefox for me (in Firefox I was not logged to G+, I was logged in Vivaldi)
    Attachments:

• The page looks the same for me in Vivaldi and Chrome, on Ubuntu16.04.

• As you can see in those screenshots, the word Advocacy is cut off if the browser window is too narrow. Vivaldi has, by default, a side panel (on the left side of the window) that makes the content area slightly smaller than in Firefox. If your screen width is right on the threshold of the G+ panel's text wrapping into too many lines, Vivaldi's panel will cause that effect.

Beneath Vivaldi's side panel is a button that closes it. Notice however, that your browser's zoom level affects the layout too. G+ will show two columns of posts if you zoom out enough, and that also affects the wrapping of the heading. Zooming is controlled with the slider on the right of the status bar (bottom edge of the window). Alternatively, you can hold Ctrl and press + and - or move the mouse scroll wheel.

It seems to me that the fault is at Google+'s CSS layout. If it's intentional, they're maybe pushing people into using short and catchy group titles… :huh:

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.