Missing bookmarks panel

• All of a sudden, the bookmarks panel is no more. There is no icon for it in the sidebar, and if I select Bookmarks Panel from the View menu, nothing happens. I am looking around for any possible explanation or fix, with no luck so far. Any idea where to look?

@hanche:

All of a sudden, the bookmarks panel is no more. There is no icon for it in the sidebar, and if I select Bookmarks Panel from the View menu, nothing happens. I am looking around for any possible explanation or fix, with no luck so far. Any idea where to look?

Weird. Refresh your profile.

• Thanks, that did it.

I restored contents from the bad profile to the fresh profile, one by one, until the problem reappeared. It turns out that the culprit was in the Local App Settings folder.

Unfortunately, losing that means all my user interface settings are gone. But at least, I get to keep my bookmarks and history and such. And I suppose I can restore the Local App Settings folder from an old backup … Still, it is annoying.

Edit: Restoring Local App Settings from backup did indeed get my old settings back, and the bookmarks panel still works. Yay!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.