src="https://update.vivaldi.com/stats/piwik.php?idsite=1&rec=1&bots=1" style="border:0;" alt=""

All white?

• So, I just found out about Vivaldi, and I was exited, so I downloaded it. it was all well, and then I quit de browser, when I reopened it, it was like this. I tried to reopen, reinstal, restart the computer, and nothing worked. weird thing is: I can open the preferences window and its fine... anyone had the same experience? Attachments: [img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/22896/ScreenShot2015-01-31at11.44.01.png[/img]

• Vivaldi Team

Hi LilCookie,

That's not good. One thing you can try—if you are feeling adventurous—is to remove your profile(s). That way Vivaldi will start from scratch.

As always, be careful with the Terminal commands. They are powerful things.

rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/Vivaldi/

Henrik Granaas-Helmers
    Designer, Vivaldi Technologies

• oh god, is this the only way? >__>
    Im always afraid to mess up with the Terminal commands. and what do you mean by removing my profile?
    and thank you <3

• Vivaldi Team

Hi LilCookie,

Of course, it is never the only way! It is just a little easier to explain. Let me try to walk you through the non-Terminal approach. :)

Step 1 - enter the Library
    Open Finder, and open the "Go" menu. Now hold down your "Alt" key. While the alt key is down, you should see that the entry "Library" magically appears in that menu. Click it!

Step 2 - locate the Vivaldi folder
    In the Library, open the "Application folder". Inside, there should be a lot of folders, including one called "Vivaldi".

Step 3 - In the trash it goes
    Drag that folder to the trash (or press Cmd + Backspace if you prefer).

Now all your history, bookmarks, and hopefully whatever corrupted your Vivaldi installation should be gone. Try launching it again, and report back how it goes. :)

Henrik Granaas-Helmers
    Designer, Vivaldi Technologies

• @LilCookie:

So, I just found out about Vivaldi, and I was exited, so I downloaded it. it was all well, and then I quit de browser, when I reopened it, it was like this. I tried to reopen, reinstal, restart the computer, and nothing worked. weird thing is: I can open the preferences window and its fine… anyone had the same experience?

I've had this same issue, but I have only seen it if I close Vivaldi after manually dragging it to be full screen. If I close and reopen, all the features are squished into the top left corner and the rest of the screen is white. To fix it, the only thing I have found is to resize it smaller than full screen, close, then reopen. This has fixed it for me multiple times. Someone else this forum tested it as well and that seemed to work.

• it worked! thank you VERY much helmers! =DDD

• I've had the same issue, but my colour was black. I closed the browser and when I reopened it, I got only frame of the window and black colour inside. Only way to get out was to close it in the panel.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.