Incorrect Vivaldi window focused when clicking a link in another app
TerDale last edited by Gwen-Dragon
Hi, I'm facing a annoying issue when I have multiple Vivaldi windows open (what happens to me often):
- Open at least 2 Vivalid windows
- Ensure Vivalid is your default browser
- Now, get another app in the foreground (eg your mailer), and click on a link
- Vivaldi window A is given focus, but the page corresponding to the link is not displayed
- switch to Vivaldi window B, and you'll see the page corresponding to the link
- Vivaldi window B should be given focus, upon click on the link
This issue is present in Vivaldi for a while (forever?), and I live with. But, that would be nice to have it fixed in a future build! Thanks in advance. Anyone else faced this issue? BTW, I think I filled in a bug report months ago, but did get any feedback. Anyway, this is the way it worked with Opera bug report, and it is supposed to be the same with Vivaldi's, isn't it? Unfortunately, I can't remember the bug id, and can't find it online as the bug DB is closed.
TbGbe last edited by
When you created the bug you will have received an email with the Bug ID (VB-xxxx) number.
TerDale last edited by
@terdale 1.5 years after, this itching bug is still present with latest Vivaldi version...
Am I the only one to face it?
No, you're not the only one. Vivaldi 1.15 is still showing this totally annoying bug.
But - hey - now we can set a window background.
TerDale last edited by TerDale
Fixed in snapshot 1302.3!
[Window] Wrong window focus after opening URL from other application (VB-21856)
(BTW, the bug I submitted was VB-12905)
modedit: Tagged the thread as Resolved