Vivaldi crashes and does not start when it is behind a proxy

• I installed Vivaldi and started it on Ubuntu 14.10. It crashes and does not start when I am at work. At the office there is a proxy server. Without explicit connection to that proxy it is not possible to connect. Somehow Vivaldi cannot handle that and crashes. (Google Chrome also crashes once, but does start after that automatically and recognized the network settings in Ubuntu) I don't see any option in Vivaldi to set the proxy settings.

• @cbos:

I don't see any option in Vivaldi to set the proxy settings.

Use the command line, add –proxy-server=IP:PORT (if no auth. is needed)

Michael

• When I start Vivaldi from the commandline I see this:

ATTENTION: default value of option force_s3tc_enable overridden by environment.
    [4609:4642:0202/071652:ERROR:http_auth_gssapi_posix.cc(883)] Problem initializing context.
    Major: (0x000D0000) Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information | Minor: (0x000186A4) SPNEGO cannot find mechanisms to negotiate
    Context: GSS_C_NO_CONTEXT
    [4609:4642:0202/071653:ERROR:http_auth_gssapi_posix.cc(883)] Problem initializing context.
    Major: (0x000D0000) Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information | Minor: (0x000186A4) SPNEGO cannot find mechanisms to negotiate
    Context: GSS_C_NO_CONTEXT
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

And it does not start at all.

When I start vivaldi from the commandline with the add –proxy-server= property as mentioned by Robomike.
    Then Vivaldi starts, but cannot connect as there is a username and password needed for the proxy.

So when there is a proxy server (with authentication) required to access the internet, then Vivaldi is useless at this moment.

• I'm using eOS Freya (an Ubuntu derivative) and I can set the proxy system-wide (via network settings); Vivaldi works really well for me. Maybe Ubuntu has a similar settings panel.

• Ubuntu definitely has central network settings and these are set as well.
    When I do 'env' in the console I can see the settings done in the central network settings.
    But these are not used by Vivaldi at my side.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.