Google media page instead of my startpage [fvd speed dial]

• I have installed the newest version browser clean, after deinstalling the previous version of Vivaldi browser. I reinstalled FVD and some other add-on's. I have installed FVD Speed Dial as start page. With the new version of Vivaldi browser i get google media search page instead of my startpage. It doens't matter if i choose another site as startpage. Silly is, after new installed i get FVD start page, but after a few times close and open Vivaldi browser suddenly the Google Media search page opens. If i clicked on the Home button, FVD start page is started. My startpage is also FVD. webadress FVD = vivaldi://newtab# webadress Google Media searh = https://www.google.nl/_/chrome/newtab?espv=2&ie=UTF-8 What is going wrong?

I think chrome:newtab is more reliable.

• renes wrote:

Silly is, after new installed i get FVD start page, but after a few times close and open Vivaldi browser suddenly the Google Media search page opens. If i clicked on the Home button, FVD start page is started. My startpage is also FVD.

This is an annoyance that happens to me too where FVD speed dial somehow becomes the Google UK search page at random intervals without any input from me, the address remains the same. Why it happens is a mystery to me and a bit of a nuisance. Vivaldi plans to develop it's speed dial sooner or later to something more customisable, I await that to replace FVD.

• You're right.

The generic startpage link is broken (i didn't notice that because FVD was already configured on an older version and it was still working, until I changed it)

For now just use the specific link instead of generic one.

chrome-extension://llaficoajjainaijghjlofdfmbjpebpa/newtab.html (for FVD)

• Reported it as VB-21234

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.