Feature requests for 1.5

@mozzer:

2. There should be a balloon with full website title after hoovering active tab.

There is, if you turn off Tab Thumbnails, though it's not as good as Opera 12.17 with large toolbar fonts and text wrap.

• Zoom Slider - scroll while simply hovering over the slider to zoom in and out (like in microsoft office). It's easier/faster than clicking and dragging.

• 1 only one window
    2 minimize to tray

• Vivaldi Ambassador

It would be desirable to adjust the size of thumbnails in fast access, they are too large and do not load well.

• Parental Zoom and Restored Zoom

1. PARENTAL ZOOM

Issue: every time you open link from a page with specific zoom value, the new page (opened as a new tab either active or background) has the global default zoom value rather then adopting the parent tab zoom value like old Presto Opera did.
    Example: I have global Zoom set to 150% due to bad eyesight. I have Vivladi forum increased to 170% due to a lot of small fonts. Each time I open new thread (as an extra tab) from main page I get the tab with default 150% zoom. This is incredibly annoying and frustrating.
    Request: add the option to force "parental zoom" ie the new tab adopts the zoom value of the original tab.

2. HOTKEYS FOR IMAGES STATUS
    Right now there is no way to toggle image loading mode via hotkey, only via status bar. Would be nice to be able to bind this action (cycle) + the action to "Load all images instantly" while the global mode set to "cached only" (ie like in old Opera)

3. PAGE STATUS on the tab
    Chrome/Firefox/Opera - all these browsers display the current page status (loading/loaded) on the tab itself (shows like spinning circle). It is a very useful feature,any reason why Vivladi is missing it? Trying too hard to be unique?

@Kein:

Request: add the option to force "parental zoom" ie the new tab adopts the zoom value of the original tab.

In settings, Webpages, disable Use Tab Zoom

• I want floated SideBar instead of Docked … please ...

• @Pesala:

@Kein:

It should be a different setting, i made a case for it here: https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/archives/13358-features-requests-for-1-4?start=240#74411

• @Pesala:

@Kein:

Does not work, still uses default global zoom value.

@Kein:

Does not work, still uses default global zoom value.

I don't know why not. It works for me. I just opened your forum profile in a new tab. My default zoom is 120% but my current zoom is 220% on this page.

[attachment=4533]DonotuseTabZoom.png[/attachment]
    Attachments:

• Neither do I but new page DOES NOT inherit zoom value.

Feature request still stands

• @Janemba:

I want floated SideBar instead of Docked … please ...

Double ditos!

• +1 = I would like that good-old-opera-right-click-to-search-feature(TM) too! B)

• Vivaldi Translator

CTRL + click should save an image.

• 1. Import/export passwords from/to .csv file just like chrome(vivaldi has the flag but not the UI to do it)
    2. Option to only show bookmarks bar when in new tab/speed dial just like chrome default behavior

• Display link url on hover when the status bar is disabled - a simple inplace-tooltip would be ok (AFAIR, Firefox displays this tooltip at the bottom).

someone

@someone:

Display link url on hover when the status bar is disabled - a simple inplace-tooltip would be ok (AFAIR, Firefox displays this tooltip at the bottom).

Settings, Appearance, Status Bar, Show Status Info Overlay.

• I don't know if this is the kind of feature request that could target 1.5 or just something vivaldi coders could put on the side and play with if they like, but Chrome is phasing out Panel API for desktop extensions and it's disabled by default in vivaldi, which renders extensions like panel tabs effectively useless in the near future.

Would it be possible to add a "Make panel" button that turns the current tab into an desktop panel rendered inside vivaldi?

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/panel-tabs/cafiainadjhopgdkmgcjiokknjkbhbha

Basically panel tabs lets you turn a tab into a small window in the corner of the screen that stays overlaid over everything else, kinda like a widget.

Sidebar fills a huge role in being useful, but I kinda want an easy way to do Picture in Picture so I can watch Netflix or YouTube while surfing without much hassel, which is where sidebar isn't as useful because it's more vertical then horizontal.

I understand it's an oddball request, and the vivaldi sidebar already exists, but the idea of being able to surf and have netflix playing in a fixed window on the corner of my screen is one of those features I'd find handy and probably use vivaldi more often just for it.

I guess the Tl;DR version would be PIP (picture in picture) mode for vivaldi.

• @Pesala:

Settings, Appearance, Status Bar, Show Status Info Overlay.

I really try hard to read every new release blog entry carefully, but it's impossible with the given pace of changes.

Thanks. :)

someone

• Would it be possible to add keyboard shortcuts to page actions ? Especially for the reading mode. For people (like me) who hide the status bar, accessing page actions is not very efficient. Tanks.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.