Feature requests for 1.5

• I love to open all my favorite websites like news and mail in the morning at the same time
    I would like to showcase websites that I built to my clients
    In both cases it would be nice if I could save or bookmark tabgroups

@hansvanmeteren:

In both cases it would be nice if I could save or bookmark tabgroups

File menu, Save Open Tabs as Session

• Hi there,

As a web developer I heavily use the "Device Mode" tool in the Developer Tools. This is the tool that let's you emulate different mobile devices and tablets. You can see what I'm talking about here:

developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-d…&utm_campaign=2016q3

I seem to remember reading that enabling this option is really a matter of turning on a compile time flag when building Chromium. Perhaps this isn't accurate - but if it really is that simple I would hope the Vivaldi team could turn this option on for the next build.

Thanks so much, I really do love the browser!

Rob

• @Pesala:

Frequent requests:
    3. More customizable gestures -> recently we released a new batch of new mouse gestures. Which ones are missing?

Mouse wheel gestures would be great, such as R Click + wheel to zoom.

• Perfect!
    Don't know how I kept missing that setting.

• @Briarned:

@Pesala:

Frequent requests:
    3. More customizable gestures -> recently we released a new batch of new mouse gestures. Which ones are missing?

Mouse wheel gestures would be great, such as R Click + wheel to zoom.

Exactly!!
    +1

• LOL, I didn't even realize it was missing. This is an important feature for checking layouts.

• 1. Context menus: link font size to User Interface Zoom.
    2. Configuration "Sessions": offer "sessions" (or sets) for (UI) preferences in order to offer a better minimal touch support.

someone

• @Pesala:

@p.stephenwille@gmail.com:

Configurable keyboard shortcut to pop tab out in new window.

Settings, keyboard, Tabs, Detach Tab. Also available to assign to a mouse gesture, in Settings, Mouse.

I couldn't find a way to merge the tab back with the other window. Is that still a pending feature?

Right-click, move to can be used.

Please Read the Frequent Requests

• @Pesala:

Right-click, move to can be used.

That'll work. Better yet would be a Quick Command, or even click'n-drag. Is that possible?

Tab dragging between windows is being worked on.

• Forgotten in my previous post.: tab reordering in tab stacks is a long-standing feature request as well.

someone

• Funny, I just happened to realize that there are two wishes towards the same overall goal.

@eblade:

Variant layout support:
    Now that I have a system that again has both portrait and landscape displays configured, I would find it very handy to have the ability to quickly or automatically switch layouts – when in landscape mode, I prefer having my sidebar open on the left, and my tab bar open on the right. When in portrait mode, I would prefer to have the tab bar on top, and the sidebar not open.

@someone:

2. Configuration "Sessions": offer "sessions" (or sets) for (UI) preferences in order to offer a better minimal touch support.

This would be really helpful for both my Surface Pro and Surface Book setups. When unplugging the keyboards with a press of a button (or a key shortcut prior to) I switch into "touch enabled" UI mode. Following preferences I would change that way:

• theme (e.g., dark red to dark blue as a visual indicator)
    • UI zoom to 120%
    • tab closing by double-tabbing only (no close button since it is too tiny for my fingers)
    • tab bar width (I use left-sided tabs)

someone

• I originally made this request on the /r/vivaldibrowser subreddit, but then I remembered that this forum existed, and it might have more chance of being seen by the dev team.

As of right now, when a tab is playing sound, Vivaldi removes the website icon from the tab and replaces it with the speaker icon. If the tabs become very small (as in having lots of tabs open), it goes to the side of the icon (see attachment) which surprised me the first time I saw it. It looks very professional, and I also like how it becomes slightly bigger when you hover over it. What I would like to request is an option to have this way of displaying the speaker icon in the tab always be like that, and not only when the tabs are small.
    Attachments:

• Request: Add the "forward and back in FTP sites", so, what old Opera did, you could open a site that is just a file listing from Apache or Nginx, open first file, and the Forward button would take you to the next image in the listing.

• I'd really like to be able to search History from address bar with a nickname. It would be awesome if we could add History to the custom search engines. Currently you can only give it a shortcut and then the history page appears, but searching a term doesn't work and even the search field isn't focused when the site appears.

• I'd like the ability to ignore "autocomplete=off" for password fields, maybe optionally, and maybe per-site, though I would be happy with a global flag.

• @luetage:

I'd really like to be able to search History from address bar with a nickname. It would be awesome if we could add History to the custom search engines. Currently you can only give it a shortcut and then the history page appears, but searching a term doesn't work and even the search field isn't focused when the site appears.

Double plus good.

• Vivaldi Translator

1. Make an option to save locally webpage as an one file archive (like in Opera 12).
    2. There should be a baloon with full website title after hoovering active tab.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.