Import save passwords from windows vivaldi

• I have been playing with vivaldi for a couple of weeks. On my windows box I have installed several standalone instances for testing. 32/64 bit stable and snapshot in different directories. In order to keep them in sync I have just been coping the bookmarks, favicons, and login data files from the "user data/default" directory. On windows this worked perfectly. Tried just coping the same files into my "~/.config/vivaldi/Default" it appears the bookmarks, favicons work correctly. But the "llogin data" doesn't completely make it. It looks like it is storing just user name correctly but only the one letter of password. It does save the complete password if I retype it and save it again. Anyway to fix this or I am just stuck with retyping my passwords on my linux box? (Linux Mint 18)

You're stuck. You can't transfer passwords from one system to another.

• wouldn't it be a security vulnerability if you could do this? i believe thats why keepass only lets you copy passwords within the same open database.

• @monkey_wrench_gang898 said in Import save passwords from windows vivaldi:

wouldn't it be a security vulnerability if you could do this? i believe thats why keepass only lets you copy passwords within the same open database.

No doubt but if someone already has physical or remote access and your password to have logged in to copy that directory you have bigger problems than it is being leaked by making copy yourself to move it to another machine.

• You can transfer in Linux.

I give no warranty for now! That is not a official tip!

Some preconditions:

1. !!! Backup your complete Linux user config dirs before testing!!!
    2. You the same Vivaldi version (password database structure may change, no downgrade)
    3. The Linuxes use the same keyring service (GNOME or kwalletd)
    4. You have copied the keyring and its config dir/files
    5. You have copied the the Vivaldi login data files

I had tested this some months ago, it worked.
    You can try, but don't cry or blame me if it fails.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.