Black app icon does not work well in Windows 10 task bar

• The Windows 10 task bar tends to be very dark (from my experience) which makes the black icon invisible or unnoticeable because its back so only the white 'V' is visible. Please consider using a different colour other than 'black',

• It's a non issue. The black icon is only for snapshots. The official icon will be red. Other apps, e.g. Inkscape use a black icon. If it bugs you, change the icon.

• @Fairlight:

The Windows 10 task bar tends to be very dark (from my experience) which makes the black icon invisible or unnoticeable because its back so only the white 'V' is visible.

That's true, but given you can set the windows 10 taskbar in any color there will be always a color combination where icon's and taskbar's color will be very similar.

Anyway I pinged the designer about your suggestion given I care the matter a lot.

The differentiated color was a my request, but it was implemented when I was in vacation.

I use a black taskbar in Win10, and the dark gray V icon is quite visible to my eye. But then, my Paintshop icon is also black on black, and I can see that, too. So YMMV.

That said, The_Solutor has indeed pinged the designers and it may change again, to something different from dark gray yet still differentiated from the red, and the other color we use for the internal build. Stay tuned.

• I suggest adding a version of the icon to the exe that has a white border. That way there is an option for the black icon to work on any background.

I suppose. But more than one user has objected just because it's dark gray/black. Makes them think of death and mourning. This, in a world where all the "kewl" kids want dark UI's and themes, and other vampiric and gothic impressions. "If it reminds you of midnight with no moon, it's the best possible theme or UI." There's no accounting for tastes.

• What about give both icons (balck and red) to vivaldi folder, so experienced users should change it manually?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.