Opening New Tabs

• I never, never used the + button in Opera 12 to open new tabs. My main method was middle-clicking the tab bar (which does nothing in Vivaldi) or sometimes double-clicking it (which resizes the window in Vivaldi, as in a lot of other browsers). If those two things were to be changed and we got the same custom search functionality present in Opera, I'd switch over.

• CTRL+T opens a new tab too. However in Vivaldi I have noticed it is a little sluggish doing it that way when trying to open multiple new tabs. It seems to work a lot better when you wait for the previous tab to fully load and then hit CTRL+T again to open another new tab. Just a minor performance issue I am sure will be ironed out. Pressing the "+" button opens a new tab pretty much immediately.

• @MHaruspex:

I never, never used the + button in Opera 12 to open new tabs. My main method was middle-clicking the tab bar (which does nothing in Vivaldi) or sometimes double-clicking it (which resizes the window in Vivaldi, as in a lot of other browsers).

If those two things were to be changed and we got the same custom search functionality present in Opera, I'd switch over.

I agree, (lack of) middle click (and double click) on the tab bar are two of the most hideous features of Opium (and now Vivaldi).

I asked endlessly for this on the Opium blog, but I had only disattended promises from the team members.

I hope that here the "music" will be different.

• Mouse gesture "right click move down" is my favorite way.
    Not working on Vivaldi for now.

• Perhaps old news, however middle mouse button/pin wheel clicking on a tab actually closes it. May be a little bit faster then actually clicking the "x" on each tab to close it.

• @klejst:

Perhaps old news, however middle mouse button/pin wheel clicking on a tab actually closes it..

Nowadays this works in any browser, as usual a cloned Opera feature.

• @The_Solutor:

@klejst:

Perhaps old news, however middle mouse button/pin wheel clicking on a tab actually closes it..

Nowadays this works in any browser, as usual a cloned Opera feature.

Very true.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.