Vivaldi unable to read a video

• Hi, I am a first time user of Vivaldi and was pleased to find it such a versatile browser until I came to this site which I use on a regular basis and found the message "could not load the plug in" :oops: Can you please explain what the problem is and how to counteract it ? Thanks.

• I have just downloaded "Download (1.3.582.3)" and that appears to have corrected the situation. :cheer:

• Not reading video after ad on this page:
    http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/131444/forsvinner-i-havet-saa-kommer-kjempeboelgen
    –--------
    Vivaldi 1.3.582.3 (Utviklerversjon) (64-bit)
    Versjon 65a3ed0614839f3ef358529e2ce5ce0e33d30f1a
    OS Windows
    Blink 537.36 (@65a3ed0614839f3ef358529e2ce5ce0e33d30f1a)
    JavaScript V8 5.3.332.36
    Flash 22.0.0.209
    Brukeragent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/53.0.2785.80 Safari/537.36 Vivaldi/1.3.582.3
    Kommandolinje "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\Application\vivaldi.exe" --always-authorize-plugins --disable-translate --enable-use-zoom-for-dsf=false --ppapi-flash-path="C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer64_22_0_0_209.dll" --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end
    Kjørbar sti C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\Application\vivaldi.exe
    Profilbane C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\User Data\Default
    Compiler MSVC 2015

• It's probably related to current snapshot not having Widevine linked, retry with 1.3 stable.

• I'm not sure what Widevine is, but is that why certain videos on Facebook and YouTube render out with green and purple channels now? This only happened after v1.3.582.3 (64-bit). If anyone wants to attempt to reproduce, this video is an example:

https://youtu.be/tr-JLZCM2j0

Here is a screen cap: [attachment=4352]VivaldiVideoGlitch.JPG[/attachment]
    Attachments:

Renders perfectly here.

• Thanks for testing. It works perfectly in Firefox, IE, and Edge. Only Vivaldi has an issue. There could be a video driver conflict, but it seems strange that only Vivaldi would exhibit these symptoms on the exact same page.

• Is there an easy way to roll back Vivaldi to an earlier version without having to completely reinstall from scratch? I looked for a sticky, but couldn't find one. Running an older install just says to uninstall since there is a newer version already loaded.

• @eb110americana:

Is there an easy way to roll back Vivaldi to an earlier version without having to completely reinstall from scratch? I looked for a sticky, but couldn't find one. Running an older install just says to uninstall since there is a newer version already loaded.

Not one step back! It seems, they never gonna fix this bug. We must keep looking for solution! :evil:

On of our internal testers had this, too.
    But other users not.

May be a video graphics driver or hardware accellaration problem.

• @Gwen-Dragon:

May be a video graphics driver or hardware accellaration problem.

I have the same problem with my Radeon 6670, but Intel integrated graphics work just fine.

Latest snapshot includes upgrade to Chromium 53. I installed Google Chrome and the issue is there too.

upd. Just disable vivaldi://flags#disable-accelerated-video-decode

• I removed AMD Catalyst Control Center (and any AMD remnants), which I used under Windows 8. I noticed that Win 10 had automatically downloaded an AMD driver when I made the switch, but the two seemed to be in conflict previously. I installed AMD Radeon Crimson v16.8.3 for my R9 290X, and things look to be much better now. The above video plays without issue.

Temps had dropped with the change to Win 10, from 100-104 degrees coolant in Win 8, down to around 96-98 degrees F. I think the video drivers were the cause. It looks like they are back down again to 98, though I will have to monitor.

Now to see about getting that red "V" icon back…

• Still the same problem with vgtv.no videos in 1.4

And in 1.5.609.8

• I have the same probs .. Very annoying.

@Idarkl:

Still the same problem with vgtv.no videos in 1.4

The videoplayer filters some browsers. This bug was reported to the developers of JWPlayer and will be fixed.

In meantime install in Vivaldi a extension to switch useragent.

Install User Agent Switcher
    Add a useragent

• name JWPlayer
    • useragent string Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
      Switch to this useragent on sites weher videp player fails

• Thanx alot.. Works like a charm :)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.