Proper visual contrast in dark themes…

• Some interface elements need proper whitening / inverting for proper visual contrast in dark themes. Please fix. Also, please test Vivaldi against very dark themes using pure black color setting for "background" and "accent" [RGB=0,0,0 or #000000] and ensure Vivaldi can adjust itself to make everything still properly visible.

alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

• delete

• updated first post with more screenshots

• please also fix the color of the X button that is used to clear the "find in page" field. currently, it is always blue. please make it white/black or make it use the same color as the theme "highlight" setting.

• Also, please test Vivaldi against very dark themes using pure black color setting for "background" and "accent" [RGB=0,0,0 or #000000] and ensure Vivaldi can adjust itself to make everything still properly visible.

• alt text

Please dim the text color of inactive tabs, to improve contrast and make the active tab easier to visually identify. This is especially necessary for dark themes, as seen in the screenshot. Currently, this dimming only happens when Vivaldi is unfocused, so please change it to happen always.

• updated first post with more screenshots

• Thanks

@TsunamiZ did you already report such issue with the dark theme as bugs?
    If not, do so!

• i have posted a link to my master list of requests in the official requests threads. so the devs should see this thread when viewing my list.

@TsunamiZ said in Proper visual contrast in dark themes…:

i have posted a link to my master list of requests in the official requests threads. so the devs should see this thread when viewing my list.

If you found a bug, please report the issue to the developers to fix it.

How to do a bugreport for Vivaldi
    Report every bug seperately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
    Describe the issue as precise as you can.
    If you use any extensions please give information which ones you use.
    If you have a URL or a own testpage which can checked, add it to the bugreport.
    If you have own testcase files (HTML, CSS, JS etc.) add them to the confirmation mail you get after report.
    If you have a screenrecording video, you can attach it to give the developers a hint how this might happen or look like.
    You will get a bug confirmation mail and in a reply to this mail you can add more information and files as attachments for the testers and bug tracking team.

Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.