All Accounts sharing the same Data?!

• Hi there, created a second Windows account for guests. After opening Vivaldi i just got the session of my main account opened. First question: WTF guys? you serious? Second question: Any way to make Vivaldi use a separate Profile for each user account like every browser on this planet does? I know there is a startup Parameter you can add to a shortcut to use a different Profile, but windows dosn't care for my shortcuts if i click links in other applications like Skype.

Vivaldi allows you to install "per user," "all users," and "standalone." If you already had Vivaldi installed when you created the new user account, Vivaldi doesn't know it. You should remove the Vivaldi shortcut from the second Windows account, and run the Vivaldi installer from that account, making sure it is installing "per user." It will create a new profile for the second account, and access only that profile from that account.

This all assumes that you installed Vivaldi using the normal install folder in the first place, and that the second account is a limited account. Windows should NEVER let Limited User B access User A's files in the first place. That's a Windows setting, not a Vivaldi setting. The second Limited User B tried to open Vivaldi, Windows should have told it there was no User Data file, whereupon Vivaldi would have set up a User Data file in the Limited User B USER/appdata/Local/Vivaldi folder.

No. The Vivaldi profile is not shared on all accounts.
    if you installed Vivaldi for All Users every Windows account user has its own profile.

And a local Guest account on Windows should delete all user data after logout.
    But we don't know what your Windows administrative configuration for Guest is.

• Ok reinstalled the Browser with "all users" setting, both accounts got their own session now.

Still confuses me how a non admin user gets a session opened that is stored in the not accessible admins appdata folder.
    Checked the permissions, that user got no permissions set for any Vivaldi related folders/files.

Well at least it works now, thanks guys.

• @Wakame:

Ok reinstalled the Browser with "all users" setting, both accounts got their own session now.

Still confuses me how a non admin user gets a session opened that is stored in the not accessible admins appdata folder.
    Checked the permissions, that user got no permissions set for any Vivaldi related folders/files.

Well at least it works now, thanks guys.

Vivaldi's profile is per user, no matter you install it for all users (app shared in \program files) or per user (app installed in each user's home directory)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.