Netflix no longer working Vivaldi.1.3.582.3.x64 (windows) Missing Widevine CDM

• After the update to 1.3.582.3 (Developer) (64-bit) Netflix no longer works. Netflix errors with missing component: Widevine Content Decryption Module. Checked Vivaldi://Components, This version seems to be missing Widevine CDM. Uninstalled and reinstalled 1.3.582.3 for science. Re-installed 1.3.551.38 (Stable channel) (64-bit) and confirmed that Widevine CDM does appear in Vivaldi://Components I will be using Stable channel for now. Thank you Devs :)

• same here with the latest win10pro 64bit. and silverlight is also not working now.

• Yes, unfortunately in Vivaldi "Beta" the Widevine plugin was not packed by the building process.

• Will it be included in the next version ? I had to install firefox to watch my series :lol:

• This plugin is essential.
    Next Snapshot will have the Widevine cdm.

• Netflix still doesn't work on new snapshot 1.4.589.2 32-bit

• @iateyourgranny:

Netflix still doesn't work on new snapshot 1.4.589.2 32-bit

I pinged the devs, and they confirmed me that the problem is fixed on the next snapshot ;)

EDIT. the snapshot was published while I was writing, so "the next" must be intended as the next after the one released few minutes ago.

• Just upgraded to Snapshot 1.4.589.4 - Vivaldi 1.4RC 2
    http://demo.castlabs.com the DRM videos are still not working.

However, that was released on same day as The_Solutor replied so maybe "next" means 1.4RC3 ;)

Edit: Note added to blog B)

Widevine Content Decryption Module is missing, causing sites dependant on the component not to work correctly.

• Something still not working right even with stable 1.3.551.3.

Netflix came back with the missing component message. I check it was still installed clicked on the update button restarted vivaldi and it started working again.

Edit: scratch it is back to missing component.

Widevine CDM has been updated since 1.3. Netflix may be looking for the latest version, given that Chrome is now running it. Looks like there's a working version in Vivaldi backstage, so the next snapshot or two might get it.

• @Ayespy:

Widevine CDM has been updated since 1.3. Netflix may be looking for the latest version, given that Chrome is now running it. Looks like there's a working version in Vivaldi backstage, so the next snapshot or two might get it.

I don't think that is the problem, since Netflix works fine for me on Vivaldi on Linux, and I am using a widevine library copied previously (long ago) from chrome.

It's fixed internally.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.