Modding Vivaldi

• Is there a limit to the number of js files that Vivaldi can use? I tried adding 3 separate custom.js files but Vivaldi only used the first two on the list. How about custom.css files? Is there a limit for that as well?

• @altcode Show your browser.html file. Generally there should be no limit, it could be you have a mistake in there somewhere. On the other hand there isn't really a point in running multiple custom.js or multiple custom.css files, unless you really have a huge amount of code and want to separate it.

• @luetage Here

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
      <head>
        <meta charset="UTF-8" />
        <title>Vivaldi</title>
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="style/common.css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="style/other.css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="style/webpanel-fix.css" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="style/search-panel.css" />
      </head>
      <body style="
        background-color: #263238;
        background-image: url('resources/vivaldi-splash-icon.svg');
        background-size: 16%;
        background-position: center;
        background-repeat: no-repeat;">
        <div id="app" />
        <script src="localeSettings-bundle.js"></script>
        <script src="background-common-bundle.js"></script>
        <script src="vendor-bundle.js"></script>
        <script src="settings-bundle.js"></script>
        <script src="urlbar-bundle.js"></script>
        <script src="components-bundle.js"></script>
        <script src="bundle.js"></script>
        <script src="custom.js"></script>
        <script src="extension-toggle.js"></script>
        <script src="vivaldi-icon.js"></script>
      </body>
    </html>

I removed the second one extension-toggle.js, and the last one started working.

• @altcode Strange, anyway – you should combine the custom.js files into one. They all just need one instance of the wait loop, you can just load all the functions at the same time. And if you wanna disable one, you just take it out of the loop.

• @bubek said in Modding Vivaldi:

Add a shortcut to Vivaldi parameter:
    –remote-debugging-port=2015

Run Vivaldi and open:
    http://localhost:2015/
    In the list locate the page with the end browser.html and work from the web inspector with UI Vivaldi.

where do you ad this parameter?

• @jailbreaking Vivaldi shortcut (Just look at step 2)

• Hi. I want to try change thumbnails to apple-icon-logo, can I do this by bundle.js? I find site "The Favicon Finder", with it I can get any icon from any site by forming a request "https://besticon-demo.herokuapp.com/icon?url= ... &size=". I want the browser to save the icon received from the site instead of the screenshot.

• @molex if you mean the speed dials on the start page, you can save the apple icon to a folder on your system, then right click the speed dial and "set it as a thumbnail"

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.