Voting/Poll system for features

• Why dont you guys launch a poll system for user feedback on features request or which ones should be prioritized. After all Vivaldi is user focused as compared to other main stream browsers. BTW, congratulations on such an awesome browser. I never thought any browser can replace my chrome/chromium combination but Vivaldi did it. I am using it for more than 4 months now and its great. Please allow some poll system for user feedback in compiled form.

• There were endless discussions on the My Opera Wish-List Forum about this topic, but there is no practical solution. You only have to look at a couple of threads about Feature Requests to see how many different features are requested. Sorting out the wood from the trees is a major undertaking. The archived feature request threads were even longer before this one was started by the Vivaldi Team to try to streamline the list a bit. It did not work too well, did it?

This thread started out to try to highlight the most important missing features. Ideally, only deal-breakers should be posted there, but just look and see what trivial issues people regard as deal-breakers!

You're welcome to start a poll like this, but I don't see it being any better than the feature request sticky thread started by the Vivaldi Team.

• @Pesala:

There were endless discussions on the My Opera Wish-List Forum about this topic, but there is no practical solution. You only have to look at a couple of threads about Feature Requests to see how many different features are requested. Sorting out the wood from the trees is a major undertaking. The archived feature request threads were even longer before this one was started by the Vivaldi Team to try to streamline the list a bit. It did not work too well, did it?

This thread started out to try to highlight the most important missing features. Ideally, only deal-breakers should be posted there, but just look and see what trivial issues people regard as deal-breakers!

You're welcome to start a poll like this, but I don't see it being any better than the feature request sticky thread started by the Vivaldi Team.

Pesala
    I got your point, but i did not mean forum poll. After-all who can go through 17 pages of forum posts (per single topic) to check what is more demanded?
    I have seen dedicated user feedback poll system for other software, having votes as 1, 2, or 3 votes per user. The management/developer can choose the highest voted one and also mark it as "UNDER REVIEW" or "PLANNED" or "COMPLETED"

I ask some vivaldi team member to launch such a system for feedback, i am sure it will be even more beneficial for them in terms of feedback and a win win situation for both users and developers.

I don't see any meaningful benefit from forum polls, honestly.

• In fact, A Customer Survey was carried out some time ago, but that is only a shortlist of Feature Requests.

Perhaps they will do another one after Vivaldi 2.0 is released?

• I didn't know about this survey. Thanks for informing. I am sure vivaldi is on the right track. I hope to see few of the bugs gone away soon.

• Just wanted to start the same topic. I would second every bit. Voting / poll with that is a todo list at the same time. Not necessarily that people always know what's right for being a top inet browser, but it could be an open system, what a community is all about. And it feels like an open source, which of course it isn't ;)

At least that's the reason for not wanting to "dump" my ideas into an endless "requests topic". Cheers

ps: but since it does not exist yet people could "misuse" the up-voting the post. The feature right bottom to every post. From what I've seen the forum feature isn't being used that much here. Of course it would be just a way around using existing tools.

oh well :)

• @TbGbe Yes, but the thread is already so long that no one will read it all, and one user at least didn't read the opening post, so posted multiple requests in one post.

• Yep, as much as I'd like to express my opinion those are virtually useless, no one ever reads or votes, they just blindly post, and it quickly becomes unmanageable.

Only way this could work, is having a smaller open window for posting, after that it becomes closed, and voting-only season opens. Maybe have a call for voting.
    During voting season post sorting would have to become randomized for every visit, otherwise only the first few get voted on.

OR we could get a pre-defined, developer compiled list; pre-selected and organized from most frequent users requests (I'm pretty sure by now they all have a fairly good understanding about most frequent user requests anyway). That way we get realistic targets, feasible ideas, and useful voting process.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.