Vivaldi Webmail Question

• Greetings Vivaldi Staff & Dev's It's great to be here, I am very quickly getting attached to this cool lil browser. You should be honored seeing that I have been A FF user since their first beta. Yes i'm that old :P Anyway, my question revolves around the Email accessory. It's very handy the way you have incorporated this feature, kind of snuck up on me actually. I would like to know if there are any plans to add desktop functionality to the mail client portion. At this point it has to do with accessability, seeing we have to open the browser to check our mail. While this I'm sure pleases Vivaldi staff it is a little hard on the users seeing we get no notifications of new mail this way. So whats the plans for this mail client ? Thanks You for your time & attention. PS: keep up the awesome work Dev's Vivaldi is shaping up nicely :)

@CyberGhosT:

Greetings Vivaldi Staff & Dev's
    It's great to be here, I am very quickly getting attached to this cool lil browser.
    You should be honored seeing that I have been A FF user since their first beta.
    Yes i'm that old :P Anyway, my question revolves around the Email accessory.
    It's very handy the way you have incorporated this feature, kind of snuck up on me actually.
    I would like to know if there are any plans to add desktop functionality to the mail client portion.
    At this point it has to do with accessability, seeing we have to open the browser to check our mail.
    While this I'm sure pleases Vivaldi staff it is a little hard on the users seeing we get no notifications of new mail
    this way. So whats the plans for this mail client ?
    Thanks You for your time & attention.
    PS: keep up the awesome work Dev's Vivaldi is shaping up nicely :)

Webmail is not integrated into, nor a feature of, the Vivaldi browser. it's just a service offered by the same company.

On the other hand, Vivaldi WILL have a built-in email CLIENT, that is an application that can fetch and reply to and send emails in exactly the same fashion Windows Mail or Thunderbird or The Bat! does. It is already included in internal testing versions of Vivaldi and it will be included in publicly distributed versions as soon as it is ready for prime time. It has been under development for going on two years now, but it is a HUGE project, equivalent to the development of the whole browser itself. So don't hold your breath waiting, but it will assuredly see the light of day.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.