Make "Open link in background tab" as default an option

• Is there a way to make "[b]Open link in background tab[/b]" the default option or the option that appears at the top of the context menu? There is a bit of inconsistency in that some options such as "[b]Open image in new tab[/b]" goes to background and others don't. I personally prefer tabs opening in the background as my workflow is to open numerous links from a parent page, read the parent page before moving onto the child\linked pages. For reference Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer opens new tabs in the background as the default option.

• There's no easy way to edit the context menu yet.

Middle-click or Ctrl + Click will open links in the background. A mouse gesture can also be assigned.

Opening of images in the background looks like a bug to me, or the menu should be changed.

Reported as (VB-20548) Open Image in New Tab opens in a Background Tab

• For the bug report would it be possible to add a note to possibly make it user configurable?

When I looked at the bug report, such a comment had already been added. I added my comment as well, noting that most would like this to be an option, not an unalterable default.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.