Maximization issue



  • Hi there, Sorry if this has been posted before, couldn't find a duplicate post about this. When Vivaldi opens a small (non-fullscreen) window for some reason, and I click on the Maximize button, nothing happens. I have to minimize it to the taskbar and then open it again, and then it's maximized. The same happens when I try the opposite. I'm using Ubuntu Studio 16.04 (xcfe destop environment) and the window control buttons are on the left side. I don't know if these have anything to do with it but I thought it's good to know.



  • I have the same issue on Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon 64-bit. It's very annoying and this is one of the reason I'm not returning to Vivaldi.



  • same issue on solus



  • This has not occurred for me on Manjaro 17.0.1 since I updated to the latest Vivaldi snapshot.



  • Hi @helix42 , @kamaronas , @lexblanq I already mentioned that in this post. Look at my reply to @dLeon. It's a strange behaviour but it think it's DE related, instead Vivaldi. A temp solution is move the windows off-screen, just to manually reduce the height to make maximize works properly. This (usually) works until the next reboot (although sometimes the settings remain in memory even after the reboot, but honestly I can not say why...) :wave:
    Edit:
    To me happens regularly also with Firefox, in fact I realize that because if I click on the side bar nothing happens. But, unlike Vivaldi, with Firefox with just one click on the maximize icon (even if seems nothing happens) it fix.
    I'm on Mint 18.1 - Cinnamon 32bit


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.