Advice on a Low Power Use config ?

• Hi - I'm looking to let up Vivaldi for use on my macbook pro - I spend a lot of time away from a power socket, and so tend to have my browser / desktop environment / etc., set up for minimum power consumption. I can see that Vivaldi is a bit of a beast compared to iTunes / ClamXAV as I have them configured (see below - ignore the Last/Fm widget, the thing is rubbish when changing track !) Question to the forum - what settings / flags would you recommend tweaking to tone down the power use ? (This is NOT a complaint - I love the browser, the style and the options for use, I just need to get it into a 'low power' mode so that I can replace my current browser for every day use) [attachment=4232]UseCapture.jpg[/attachment] Attachments: [img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/84710/UseCapture.jpg[/img]

Here are a few ideas off the top of my mind:

• You want to not have Flash installed or at least block it with an extension, because Flash is kryptonite for battery life
    • Using a content/adblocker such as uBlock Origin significantly eases the load on your CPU and thereby increases battery life
    • You can do a right-click on a tab and then choose "Hibernate Background Tabs", which will hibernate all the other tabs in a window so they no longer occupy your CPU. If you only want to hibernate some tabs in a window you can also select those tabs with Shift/Cmd and then only hibernate those.

There are probably more things you can do to optimize for battery life, but I don't have a lot of experience in this area, because it doesn't happen very often that I am away from a power supply for more than a few hours. Maybe others have more ideas?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.