H264/mp4 fails on Vivaldi 1.3/Fedora 24

• Good day, Happy to see the release of 1.3, many awesome improvements. One bug that is still sticking for what appears to be Fedora 23/24 users is that libffmpeg.so is still being rejected or not loaded by Vivaldi. - Fail h264/mp4 test on basic test sites - Fails on twitter/vine videos "Browser does not support video playback" error - Tried using the stock /opt/vivaldi/lib/libffmpeg.so that is included in 1.3 - Tried copying libffmpeg.so from chromium-codecs-extra package from another linux distro into /opt/vivaldi and /opt/vivaldi/lib (used to work till 1.2 release) - Tried on different hardware just incase of a decode issue (nvidia and intel) - tried to modify vivaldi-stable to force load the libffmpeg.so with no error, but didn't resolve the issue - Installed chromium-libs and copied libffmpeg.so to /opt/vivaldi/lib and /opt/vivaldi (alt path worked before) - Installed ffmpeg and ffmpeg-devel, but there is not a libffmpeg.so to link with I'm at a lost for what logs or screenshots I could gather to help assist in the issue. -CL

• Fixed my own problem… The two packages on Fedora for chromium-libs and ffmpeg* don't have h.264 and mp4 support due to licensing restrictions. The fix was to fire-up my VM from another distro and copy over the libffmpeg.so after accepting the licensing terms on that machine. More info can be found here

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.