Dreaded Can't load plugin Flash error
I had constant issues with Chrome throwing Page Unresponsive errors so I installed Vivaldi today and after several hours, I cannot get it to display Flash videos. Instead, it shows the "Can't load plugin". I've read tons of posts about this and can't get it to work. I have not installed the NPAPI Flash. I only have the default PPAPI Flash installed. Initially, I added a couple extensions like Alexa, LastPass, & WOT, but I have since disabled all of them and I still have the same problem. I have the latest version of Vivaldi: 1.2.490.43 () (32-bit) Here are the PPAPI details: Adobe Flash Player - Version: 220.127.116.11 Shockwave Flash 22.0 r0 Name: Shockwave Flash Description: Shockwave Flash 22.0 r0 Version: 18.104.22.168 Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\52.0.2743.82\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll Type: PPAPI (out-of-process) Disable MIME types: MIME type Description File extensions application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash.swf application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player.spl Does anyone know how to solve this? It's incredibly frustrating.
Last time I saw this reported it was a site problem
It's not a site problem because it happens on every site: CNN, ESPN, etc. I only had the default Pepper Flash Vivaldi as recommended, but I've read about issues with PPAPI & Chrome so I stalled the stand alone NPAPI Flash and now videos will play in Vivaldi. However, when I go to: vivaldi://plugins, it still only lists the PPAPI and it is enabled. The NPAPI is not listed. Weird stuff & crazy frustrating. I've spent literally days over the last month trying to get Flash to work in multiple browsers. I need multiple browsers for work and the only one I haven't had a problem with is Firefox. I like the feel of Vivaldi, but I can't deal with this Flash nonsense anymore.
… I've read about issues with PPAPI & Chrome so I stalled the stand alone NPAPI Flash and now videos will play in Vivaldi. However, when I go to: vivaldi://plugins, it still only lists the PPAPI and it is enabled. The NPAPI is not listed.
Weird. Vivaldi (and Chrome) does NOT use the NPAPI plug-in.
Maybe having both installed ensures that some system setting/variable is enabled properly :blink:
Anyway, you got it working