UIAutomation gives extension URL for Document instead of real URL

• Hello, Testing out the Vivaldi browser after many years with Opera (about 15 probably...). If I look at either the Value.Value or the LegacyIAccessible.Value properties on the top level UIA Document for Opera and Chrome, I get the URL of whatever website I'm currently browsing. However, in Vivaldi it instead returns the URL of one of the extensions (the speed dial 'extension' apparently): "chrome-extension://mpognobbkildjkofajifpdfhcoklimli/browser.html" I can go find the address bar by navigating the tree, but it still doesn't feel right. Is there some other way of getting this, or is it something that might be fixed in a future build? Thanks!

• Hi antdos,

Well... I can see you posted your doubt about two years ago and I'm probably too late regarding exchange ideas.
    I'm responsible for a software that monitor user activities in companies which have Microsoft Windows. Among other things, this software tracks the user visited URLs in any web browser, so we can check if the company internal directives are being followed by the user.
    I use UIAutomation to capture the URLs from active web browsers. Until some time ago when monitoring the Vivaldi browser, I could just bypass the text "chrome-extension://mpognobbkildjkofajifpdfhcoklimli/browser.html" and capture the next control which was the one carrying the URL information. But now this is not working anymore, probably due to security reasons, but I really don't know why. Did you manage to bypass that? I developed a routine to extract this URL information from Vivaldi through screen capture and OCR, but this makes the process complex and difficult to be managed by unexperienced programmers, it would be better to extract such information through the UIAutomation. If you still interested in such subject, maybe we could exchange some ideas.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.