What did I press?

• I must have pressed some strange combination of keys because the blinking cursor while typing text disappeared and instead of it there's this selecting of characters like on the screenshot below. I can't work like this and I would really like to disable that stupid feature but first I must know what it is. Not to mention it's really annoying! Normally the blinking cursor should have been right after the "e" character but instead it just selects it. Please, help me get rid of that crap feature! [img]https://i.imgsafe.org/f468666f52.png[/img]

• Blinking cursor means Insert Mode. Guess how the key is called ;)

• How is it disabled? Cuz pressing Insert again surely doesn't disable it.

@rado84:

I must have pressed some strange combination of keys because the blinking cursor while typing text disappeared and instead of it there's this selecting of characters like on the screenshot below. I can't work like this and I would really like to disable that stupid feature but first I must know what it is. Not to mention it's really annoying!

Normally the blinking cursor should have been right after the "e" character but instead it just selects it. Please, help me get rid of that crap feature!

The way the "insert" cursor presents in different systems at different times is not consistent. It may be blinking, it may be solid, or it may not appear at all. The one consistent feature is that it replaces characters ahead of it. Pressing the button again should stop that behavior.

• You're right - it does stop it. But for some reason it doesn't stop for Facebook. Well, I can live with that behavior for just one website.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.