Vivaldi stopped working

• Since today my Vivaldi installation is not working anymore. I use version 1.2.490.43. When I open Vivaldi it loads one page and thats it. I can not open another page at all. Vivaldi loads a bit and stops. I can not even open pages like vivaldi://about/ When I try to open the settings, no window will open and Vivaldi does not respond to anything from that point on. I can't even close Vivaldi by clicking on the X. Edit: I wiped Vivalidi . Copied the cookies etc. back into the Vivaldi folder and now everything works again. I guess the last extension I installed was the perpetrator.

That's usually the case. Might I ask which extension this one was?

• It was the Switcheroo Redirector extension.

• Thanks, will remember to stay away from that.

A "redirector" extension, though… that issue was kinda expected! :silly:

• I just ran into that problem again, with three extensions I have been using for the last couple of months without any problems. Turns out that I got an error message while trying to access or delete one of the Vivaldi folders. So I ran chkdsk to check my SSD and after the pc had rebooted I was able to delete that pesky folder and did reinstall Vivaldi. I guess that corrupted folder was causing the problem.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.