Lost Sessions

• Just restarted the browser and Vivaldi started without my previous tabs. I looked into the files in my profile folder and saved Current Session, Current Tabs, Last Session and Last Tabs before they were overwritten. They seem to contain my previous tabs but even if I replace the current ones with the previous ones, Vivaldi won't open my previous session. Any way to get my tabs back? ---- Vivaldi "profiles" seem somewhat broken, this is the 3rd time I'm losing data and/or having to clear my profile to even get Vivaldi to start. Reminiscent of old opera with oops all your bookmarks are suddenly gone for no reason. My pc is virus free, fresh win 10 install and components are all working fine no RAM errors etc. These are Vivaldi issues.

• sometimes it is possible to get back a lost session via the trash icon, which you find in the tab bar.
    Click on the trash-icon and select "Window with xx tabs". This will restore your old session

However, it won't work, if you have a hard disk issue…

Regards
    Lucius

Despite being the guy who frequently tells users to refresh their profile, I have only had a corrupted profile ONCE since Jan 27, 2015 - and that was when the power went out while I was shutting Vivaldi down.

I think profile fragility is not universal, but has something to do with AVs and extensions more often than not.

• It's not about file corruption but major bug. If You close Your Vivaldi window and then immediately open it You'll end up with empty fresh window. Opera 12 had simple system for that, when You tried to open the browser to soon it showed up a small window telling that it's hasn't completely closed yet.
    This thing happened to me for about 4 times, luckily this time i found last session file. Previously i wanted to simply get lost tabs from history but obviously some time later all history randomly vanished, i think after update.

• @treap said in Lost Sessions:

If You close Your Vivaldi window and then immediately open it You'll end up with empty fresh window.

I remember such bug. VB-30032 "Lost all tabs after close&open Vivaldi"

• It's easily reproducible, download something, let the download finished notification appear on lower right, and close vivaldi, the notification will stay there forever and a vivaldi.exe is still in memory. Then by relaunching Vivaldi, it sees already a vivaldi.exe in memory and interprets it as "create just a new empty window".
    I could suggest devs to differentiate vivaldi.exe with a vivaldi_separate_thread.exe so vivaldi.exe is ONLY the launcher, and different threads are launched with a separate exe. This way the launcher is not in memory when closed.

• @ian-coog said in Lost Sessions:

It's easily reproducible, download something, let the download finished notification appear on lower right, and close vivaldi, the notification will stay there forever and a vivaldi.exe is still in memory.

Yes, this crash is a new but known bug. VB-34790 "Continue of Download after warning blocks tab creation and UI"

• Just experienced that. Except the files were overwritten, so I guess my tabs are lost for good...
    Session functionality aside, I'm surprise there isn't even a .bak file for such important stuff, :/

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.