Is it possible to disable auto-switching to new opened tabs?

• Is it possible to disable auto-switching to new opened tabs? I want all the tabs to open in background, same as I set in other browsers. It is quite annoying as I often open multiple tabs before switching to one of them, default foreground tab opening makes this process a pain. I know that you can use middle mouse button (which I strongly dislike to use) or use Ctrl+click on the link, however this does not work for a tab context menu or new tab gesture, which otherwise could have been very useful. I did try to install several Chrome extensions. Sadly, none of them prevented foreground new tab opening....

• The link context menu has "Open in background tab" as the third item on the list.

Set a mouse gesture to "Clone Tabs in the Background"

[attachment=4151]OpeninBackground.png[/attachment]
    Attachments:

• @Pesala:

The link context menu has "Open in background tab" as the third item on the list.

Set a mouse gesture to "Clone Tabs in the Background"

[attachment=4151]OpeninBackground.png[/attachment]

Well this solves half the issue.
    Useful in case of opening links or cloning a current tab, but still presents no ability to open several new default tabs without losing focus from the tab you are on.

• @Shajirr:

Useful in case of opening links or cloning a current tab, but still presents no ability to open several new default tabs without losing focus from the tab you are on.

Why would you ever need to open a Speed Dial tab in the background, let alone several of them? Surely, the whole point of speed dial is to leave the site that you're on and go to a new one without losing the current tab?

• How about creating a folder full of bookmarks which you want opened simultaneously

R-click on the folder and select Open in Background Tab

It could be what you are looking for …

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.