Issue: one middle mouse button click produces two or three actions

• Issue: one middle mouse button click produces multiple actions When does this happen: [ul] [li]clicking middle mouse button on a tab sometimes closes two or three tabs, not one[/li] [li]clicking middle mouse button on a link sometimes opens two or three tabs, not one[/li] [/ul] This does not happen all the time, but enough to be really annoying and potentially dangerous (when closing the tabs that you don't want to close). This doesn't happen with left/right mouse button clicks. Does anyone else encounter this issue? Is it browser-related or some other software can cause this? How to fix this?

• That's weird. I use middle mouse click all the time and never saw this problem. I never saw it on v1.2, never saw it in v1.3 builds.
    Are you sure the problem isn't coming from the mouse itself? I've had a double-triple click issue with a mouse when it wears out and the parts inside it get old.

• It is often hardware related. Mouse buttons wear out. Try a new mouse .

• @Pesala:

It is often hardware related. Mouse buttons wear out. Try a new mouse .

I agree. Most likely hardware.

Logitech buttons are especially bad for wearing out. I'm constantly replacing them. Opening and closing multiple tabs is usually the first sign that the mouse button is wearing out.

@Shajirr:

How to fix this?

You can contact your mouse manufacturer. If it is still under warranty, they can replace it. Logitech was pretty good for me - they replaced it without asking me to send back my old mouse.

The other option is to replace the button yourself. You'd need a spare mouse button and to know how to solder.

The last option is to buy a new mouse.

• I use a SteelSeries mouse.

Does anyone know which software I can use to read and log mouse inputs?
    In a log it will be clearly seen if it is the mouse itself that can send multiple signals from one click

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.