Features requests for 1.4

• 1. Opera used to have this ability and I miss it. We were able to save a session as the startup.
    The current startup option under the Tools menu only saves the tabs but just dumps everything into one window without remembering previous window settings. A saved startup session enables us to recall tabs in multiple windows & remembers the window sizes/placement automatically.

2. Would also like the ability to reduce a page for printing so I can fit everything on one or fewer pages (and be able to enlarge a page and have it flow properly if the text is too tiny).

Thanks for considering!

• Have more than one selectable/definable default folder for the download manager, and be able to quickly pick from a few.
    "This is where I want all the setup stuff, EXE files for example"
    "Pictures go there".
    "Documents go here".
    Either by extension filtering, or, preferably, selecting one from a list of options a user defined, also with the ability to stop asking if you want to save there or elsewhere for a while (5 minutes after last download, go back to asking).

Back in the DOS days, TERMINATE already had the extension filtering for downloads with Zmodem. Time to bring something like that back because it was useful.

Some OSs already have standards folders for that, which would seem to be sane defaults. However, I like to change stuff.

• Do not reload tabs on going back.

I checked in Firefox 47, Opera 12.17, Opera 39 and IE11. Firefox and Opera 12.17 remember the scrolled position of the previous page after following a link, then going back. IE11 reloads the page to the previous anchor, not the scroll position.

Vivaldi and Opera 38 both reload the page and reposition to the top of the page.

• @Jammet:

Have more than one selectable/definable default folder for the download manager, and be able to quickly pick from a few.
    "This is where I want all the setup stuff, EXE files for example"
    "Pictures go there".
    "Documents go here".
    Either by extension filtering, or, preferably, selecting one from a list of options a user defined, also with the ability to stop asking if you want to save there or elsewhere for a while (5 minutes after last download, go back to asking).

Back in the DOS days, TERMINATE already had the extension filtering for downloads with Zmodem. Time to bring something like that back because it was useful.

Some OSs already have standards folders for that, which would seem to be sane defaults. However, I like to change stuff.

Would be brilliant to have the same thing old Opera had for stuff like that, so you could use file extensions or meta-tags, and even have "open" function too, to automatically open some filetypes in a certain program, just like in the old Opera 🙂

• Additional information in the download panel. Right now we get little information beyond file name and amount downloaded out of total size. It would be nice to see some additional information like total speed, a pause button, time remaining, and some easy controls. And right now if you get a popup to download something and you don't download it (cancel), it still shows up in the panel, just without an icon (which isn't obvious if you need to go back and look and see if you downloaded a bunch of files from a site and got them all, and these canceled files probably shouldn't even go to the panel).

So basically this entire panel just needs to be fleshed out and refined a bit more.

TL;DR
    If I wanted any one feature, it would be a speed indicator. kb/s mb/s etc.

• @Pesala:

Do not reload tabs on going back.

I checked in Firefox 47, Opera 12.17, Opera 39 and IE11. Firefox and Opera 12.17 remember the scrolled position of the previous page after following a link, then going back. IE11 reloads the page to the previous anchor, not the scroll position.

Vivaldi and Opera 38 both reload the page and reposition to the top of the page.

That's a good one. I'd like to see this.

• I'm enjoying Vivaldi so far, but when browsing foreign-language websites I'd like to be able to translate entire webpages the way I can in Chrome. I've tried to get the Google Translate extension to translate whole pages but I haven't gotten it working yet.

Please add a keyboard shortcut, or an opportunity for Tile pages to scroll through concurrent two pages when scrolling.

The problem is that if I have two pages tile vertically, and for example, compares the technical characteristics of the laptop, I move the first left page, and then the second right, I think that when keyboard shortcuts, or when holding certain keys will scroll two sides practical.

• Automatic reload page option
    • Allow more url's in the typed history dropdown
    • Option to expand a tab stack
    • Bookmarks in horizontal menu
    • Translate "Paste and go"
    • Right click -> Image Properties

• Sorry for my poor English.

I only want Vivaldi to implement mouse gesture which is called "Go to parent directory" in Opera 12. I'm sorry if this request is duplicate, but I still do mouse-gesture "up-left".

Thank you for great application.

• New hotkey - Tile selected tabs (vertically)

• @Pesala:

Do not reload tabs on going back.

+1 (but somehow it works for me right now :huh: )

• New killer feature: RMB + scrolling for zooming

• @Stardust:

Try going to this anchor on this page, then follow the link to Dhp v 276, then go back (GestureLeft or whatever)

• @Pesala:

@Stardust:

Try going to this anchor on this page, then follow the link to Dhp v 276, then go back (GestureLeft or whatever)

Doesn't work on this page, Vivaldi 1.3.582.3 and Firefox beta 49.0b7

• @Team_Vivaldi:

Thanks for sharing such list @Pesala
    A few insights about what the team is currently working on (see comments next to the features).

Frequent requests:
    …
    27. Bookmark menu button on Address Bar.

#27 FTW!

Please please please 🙂

• An option to show the tab bar when needed. If there's only one tab, I don't need the tab bar; if there are two or more, then I do.

• It would be nice to have an unsubscribe feature that worked. I've tried everything I know and I am unable to stop receiving emails from this forum.

Interesting. I receive zero emails from the forum. Perhaps you and I are doing something differently.

• Opera 12.x features…
    [ol]

• System font in UI, it's smaller now in tabs, inputs and other controls (1.3.551.38, Stable channel, 64-bit, lubuntu).
    • Site preferences, at least scripting (disable javascript), cookies and other performance and security items.
    • Optional external email client configuration.
    • Shortcut settings to scrol left, up, down and right.
    • Shortcut setting for closing tab and previous selection (Close page & Switch to previous page).
    • Shortcut setting for pasting mouse selection.
    • Multiple shortcut settings for executing external programs with url property available (Execute program, "firefox", "%u").
    • Shortcut setting for sending document address in mail.
    • Shortcut setting for switching styles (Select user mode | Select author mode).
    • Shortcut setting for switching images (Disable display images > Enable display images).
    • Shortcut setting for going to parent directory (url path).
      [/ol]

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.