Porting all favorite extensions from another browser to Vivaldi - sharing some info

• I just found an easy way to transfer all my favorite extensions from firefox to Vivaldi without having to look for actual port. If you try and follow instructions on porting, you could waste a whole day and still never be able to do it. So there's an easy way which I decided to share. [b][color=#ff0000]Just one important thing before I start: make sure the files of the addons you port don't have the same names. If addon 1 has a file script.js and addon 2 has a file with the same name and you overwrite it, addon 1 won't work.[/color][/b] 1. Go to your firefox profile folder (in my case it was rado.default) and find the extension you want. Or, if you can't find it there, simply go to the addons page and manually download the xpi extension - right click on it, "Save target as...". 2. Rename the xpi to zip and unpack it in a folder with the same name as the xpi file. 3. Get into the newly created folder, find all JS files and put them somewhere together. 4. Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Vivaldi\Application\1.3.544.25\resources\vivaldi" (or Program Files for 64-bit, the rest of the path is the same) and copy into that 'vivaldi' folder all the JS files you just found in the unpacked addon. 5. Open the file "browser.html" located in the same folder using a text editor (I prefer NP++) and manually add the files. Example: I wanted to port an addon which removes the redirected URLs from Google search results. So instead of the long gibberish URLs in Google results, if I copy the address from Google, I would have it as it should be. So, I unpacked the addon and got 3 JS files: bootstrap, google-script and index (all with .JS at the end). I copied them to the vivaldi folder mentioned above and changed the original "browser.html" from this: <meta charset="UTF-8"> <title>Vivaldi</title> <link rel="stylesheet" href="style/common.css">

<div id="app">to this: <meta charset="UTF-8"> <title>Vivaldi</title> <link rel="stylesheet" href="style/common.css">

<div id="app">I know it looks/sounds hard but it's not at all. And, if you don't wanna do that all over again in case you reinstall Windows, for instance, you can archive the entire resources directory (like resources.rar) and store it on a partition different than C:\ .</div>

</div>

• from this:
    <title>Vivaldi</title>
    to this:
    <title>Vivaldi</title>

What??? That is no sense.
    Please fix this...

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.