What this says to me is that ARM-64 is not considered stable yet and hence only available in unstable (snapshot) builds. Possibly they just don't have enough testers yet, though you could ask @Ruarí about that. (As far as I know, he's the main guy in charge of Linux builds.)
@luetage said in Vivaldi not offering network printer as option for printing:
What do you mean by
from Vivaldi directly
When I click in the middle of this page the destination printer is my network printer.
I would say it's a bug. But if it's the Windows way "It's not a but, it's a feature!", then at least it's a missing, total anoing, feature. I have the same problem with nzb-links and nexus mods downloads.
Hi, it is, open vivaldi://experiments
Check "Allow for using CSS ...."
a new entry appear "Custom UI ...."
Select your CSS folder and you are fine.
@cliffyk said in US NOAA (National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Admin) & Flash:
I have allowed flash on their site, and Vivaldi asks me to right-click and allow flash to run, but nada--the animations will not run.
I realise this is much more of a NOAA problem than a Vivaldi issue and that NOAA "will have to do something"¹ by year's end; however I was curious as to whether anyone had found a way around this.
Have I missed something, is there a flash or flash alternative extension I have failed to load?
Linux Mint 19.3, MATE desktop;
Thanks to @Pathduck
Anyway I found your neighbours and they still use it:
On my Linux Mint 18.3 Flash "just works" for me - I don't even get a warning/ask popup.
I had removed Adobe Flash and installed the PepperFlash plugin a while ago (I had problems with it, can't remember exactly what now).
Edit: @Gwen-Dragon did have a script for Flash, but I'm unsure if it is still valid.
Hopefully, she will have the link.
Flash Plugin is Enabled at Tools/Webpages - Plugins
And under site settings (clicking the lock icon in url field) Flash is set to ALLOW
@reggler Have you tried setting the shortcut to Global instead of the default In Vivaldi?
You can change this in vivaldi://extensions/ (Ctrl + Shift + E).
Just expand the hamburger menu in the top left corner
Select Keyboard Shortcuts
Scroll to the Bitwarden section
Change the relevant keyboard shortcuts to Global
This is obviously a workaround to a bug, but at least it gets it working.
@Gwen-Dragon Ubuntu seems pop up the software updates dialog way more then 1x per week, and i usually accept the update. Maybe it was how I installed Vivaldi. There are 2 icons in software updater now, a red one for 3.1 and a black one that is labeled 'snap' something (vaguely recall trying snap at some point).
Anyway, the first thing i noticed after installing 3.1 besides reddit working, is that my CPU core temps have dropped like a stone from over 200F to as low as 120F, (30+ idle tabs open), wondering if that can be attributed to the update.
I assume vivaldi works differently to vanilla chromium.
What i did with chromium is block all cookies and storage and allow per site if it caused an issue.
Firefox works better than chromium in this regard.
I don't like the way chromium adds search engines by it self too.
You could of course install an extension..cache history cleaner is a good example.
Also there are flags which can be disabled like file handling etc,not sure if they work though.
I find this behavour disturbing too but i don't think it id for nefarious uses.If you visit a number of sites regularly and they need to set local storage then persistent clearing would seem pointless.
Chrome apps will work, but just as long as…
It does not sync with Google. Vivaldi disabled Google login for apps and for the browser itself. In fact, the login URL to sync with Chrome ends up having a 404 error in Vivaldi.
It does not use native client. NaCL has not anyways been installed in Vivaldi.
It is not a web app. Web apps, which are not Persistent Web Apps and not apps with a local URL, are not supported and leads Vivaldi to crash.
It does not work the same way like Chrome!
I remember having that problem in the past once while on Windows too, there are some threads already about it lying around in the sync sub-forum. I suspect some file related to sync was corrupted somehow but I didn't want to bother too much tinkering with it, I created a new Default profile and sync'ed all the data back with the hassle that is entailed with it. Loooking forward to seeing it fixed though.