@ayespy hey you hit the nail spot on thank you yes you were right luckily i had an earlier bookmarks file on my thumb drive imported it works great what a differnce thank you for all your help still wait on zoom controls for the web panel lol
I remember that I had similar problems in the past with another browser a few years ago and I realized that turning off the hibernation service (I never use it), everything worked without problems. Can be this?
Update. Good afternoon all,
I was still experiencing this issue on the 2 1.14 and 1.15 workstations. Today I switched both machines to use Settings as a Tab (it was set as Dialog before) and there is no increase or spike in memory or CPU. I left both machines on Settings for an hour and no change. It doesn't seem to matter on the 1.13 install how Settings are displayed, it is fine either way.
This workaround is fine for now. How Settings are displayed doesn't really matter to me. Even though 1.14/1.15 are using the newer Chromium, my main will still be 1.13 w/uBlock (hard mode)/uMatrix (hard mode)/Cookie AutoDelete/DecentralEyes/KBSSL/CanvasDefender. I'm good w/that.
I get the same outcome as @Pesala
Interesting that everything but zoom works on the mouseover tab, but zoom then works on the active tab even though your mouse is over the inactive one.
For consistency I would say it is a bug.
Further to yesterday's traffic, I owe you another apology. In this particular post you wrote that -"I have changed it" and "netter to read".
I guessed that you had changed the presentation of code fragments but it took until 0300 hrs this morning to realise that the letter "N" is next to the letter "B" on a keyboard so - - - ""netter to read" was now decoded.
I am beginning to think that my old brain is so atrophied that it needs a shot of something - - - 9 mm behind the left ear show serve.
Seriously now, I've looked at some new posts containing code fragments and the simple contrast scheme you have created dramatically improves readability. Thank you so much. The point here is that your new scheme is perfectly acceptable to those with good eye sight and ideal for those needing help. The original design idea of "gilding the lily" by changing text colour to pink was actually deleterious.
A tip which may be useful to others with failing sight is to use the extension NoSquint Plus 61.0. It is available from the Chrome Web Store. This allows a lot of modification of web pages on a site-by-site basis and changes can be saved so that once set, they become a permanent feature. I have my background set to the colour #fffbaf, which is a light straw colour. This dramatically reduces the glare from blank white pages. Zoom can also be adjusted so you can see this is a real help to those with vision problems.
Once again, many thanks and Best regards --
Default mouse gesture does it very nicely. Just drag a link downwards a bit with right mouse button. When you release the button, link opens in a new tab. It can be done very quickly when you get used to it. When you're not clicking a link, the same gesture just opens a new tab.
Several months later ...
This issue has not been resolved yet as turning off animations provides minimal benefits to the CPU usage; I'm still seeing around 70% consumption for a single video. Other browsers like Firefox or Chrome only see a maximum of 30-40%. Very strange :(