Welcome to the Community. English only in this section of the forum please. Here are a few links for your bookmarks that you may find useful:
Help on Feature Requests
Forum Markdown Help
Using the Forum Search
Local Forums in your language • Portuguese Forum
Vivaldi for Android
Snapshot vs Stable
Vivaldi's Business Model
Hi @eggert. Not to upset your wknd rest 😉 but this bug is still with us. It's like "whack-a-mole". It disappears from one place but appears in another. Here's today's version.
All worked fine except if the user adds "recurring" to the mix, then it goes nutz.
For example & to re-create:
Add a new all-day task for 8/16 in the calendar event dialog (which is sometimes cut off at the bottom). Make the recurring setting monthly/date/forever.
What I got was a Task from July 31 thru Aug 15th even though the setting dialog remained at 8/16.
Go figure. 🦉
Vivaldi 4.1.2352.3 (Official Build) (64-bit)
More than likely because there are very few websites that really support it, and those who might still use the design version of TLS 1.3 than the final standard version (which can cause problems with secure connections using TLS 1.3).
@eggert Thanks for the update. I did a bit more testing, I found that this can't be reproduced for me if the event was created with the Local Account, but always occurs if the event was created with a Google Calendar account. So can you try with a Google Calendar account and see if you are able to see the same issue?
@eggert said in Calendar Task Display Bug:
@janrif There were more fixes for tasks and their date / time handling in the snapshot going out yesterday.
I really hope they are getting close to bug free now. But given the long running history of this thread I'm keeping my hopes down and not making bold statements at this point 🙂
@eggert ....A good thing you didn't make any bold statements. It's still haunting us. 😉
Click on any Cell to CREATE TASK
Click Clock icon & set to ALL DAY
Click Task icon to SET TASK
Click Task Check Box to CREATE TASK
Click Done & watch item jump from Day 1 to Day 1 + 1 😢
@eggert I know absolutely NOTHING about coding; I wish I did but looking at steps 1-7 it seems to me #6 is an extra step. To me once user takes step #5 it should complete the task assignment. Maybe there's a problem somewhere in there but like I said I know NOTHING about coding.
I hope you have a restful weekend & as always, thank you for your efforts & your follow up.
I experience the same. An attempt to add my google account with like a dozen of various calendars resulted in whole browser becoming unresponsive. An attempt to delete it resulted in "Removing..." message just hanging and I couldn't do anything until forcibly restarted the browser. The advice from @chaals above solved the issue, thanks!
An attempt to open Mail results in message that it's opened in a different window (I didn't open one).
Maybe all of it is the result of my first attempt to use both features in releazed version adding google account lead to error mesages, so I gave up back then.
This is a know issue that we have. All notification types except "System" will show in every Vivaldi window. There is a level of complexity to this but it is something that we will need to solve. Sorry for the inconvenience caused in the mean time.
Thanks a lot for trying out Vivaldi Calendar and taking the time to report issues.